This tag started on BookTube a few years ago. I’m feeling festive, so let’s go.
The Joy Of Christmas Book Tag
1. Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real. What book release(s) are you most anticipating?
I usually don’t pay much attention to new releases, but I am intrigued by Justina Ireland’s Dread Nation. I think it comes out in April 2018? It’s an alternate-history novel about zombies derailing the US Civil War. I believe the main character is a slave girl who becomes a zombie hunter. I don’t know, but I’m totally ready for this book.
2. Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing its praises?
Have you heard of Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War by Steve Sheinkin? I’ve only mentioned that book in every single post I’ve written this year. It’s about the history of leaked government documents in the US, and it’s nowhere near as boring as it sounds.
3. Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
The A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. The world in this series is huge and complicated. I don’t know how the author keeps track of everything. I sure can’t.
4. A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read?
A classic I want to read is It Can’t Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis. It’s a political satire that was written in the 1930s. Supposedly, it’s about a dictator president who tries to “save” America from the free press. Yeah. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?
5. Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas?
I doubt I’ll be getting any books for Christmas, but I really like these Thames & Hudson editions of classic myths. They look so pretty together!
6. Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling?
I don’t think I need to explain this one:
7. Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
This question doesn’t realize how big it is. I have a lot of favorite covers. I’ve created whole posts of my favorites. Out of all the books I read in 2017, Company of Liars is my favorite-favorite. It’s very “Me.” Bizarreness and death.
8. Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
My favorite thing about Christmas is giving gifts. I love giving people stuff. I also love Christmas food, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, fresh snow, and those weirdos who go all-out with the Christmas lights.
Do you want to do this tag? Consider yourself tagged.