1. Sorcery! We had some insane weather in February. Snowstorms and record-breaking heat. I loved being able to walk the dogs in a t-shirt in winter. The warm weather helped with my diet and exercise because I was able to get outside more often. I wanted to show you proof of me being healthy, but I scrolled through my camera and realized that I didn’t take any photos in February. You’ll have to make do with your imagination and this image of some healthy alternative kale.
2. You can’t get rid of me that easily. You probably haven’t noticed that I’ve been a tiny bit absent from social media lately. In February, I didn’t post on the blog as often as usual. I didn’t spend as much time commenting. I barely looked at Twitter. I had to back off the Internet stuff for my own sanity, but I promise I’m not going anywhere. I’ve just been busy with other nefarious deeds.
3. Incompetent tycoon. Did anyone else play the original Rollercoaster Tycoon in the late 90s? I was obsessed with that game as a kid. I recently found my Rollercoaster Tycoon game and got it to work on my laptop. I remember the scenarios being really difficult to beat. My theme parks always went bankrupt, and I always killed a bunch of guests. I played through three scenarios in February and beat them all easily. Adult-me rocks at Rollercoaster Tycoon. I’ve come to the conclusion that child-me was a sociopath who didn’t understand how money works and had no impulse control when it came to buying shoddy rollercoasters.
Books I read
In February, I reread 1 old book, read 10 new books, and DNFed 1 book.
This Savage Song – Victoria Schwab
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – J.K. Rowling (Reread)
Make Good Art – Neil Gaiman
The Wave – Morton Rhue
Slasher Girls & Monster Boys – April Genevieve Tucholke
Round Ireland with a Fridge – Tony Hawks
American Housewife: Stories – Helen Ellis
The Sound of Gravel – Ruth Wariner
Between Shades of Gray – Ruta Sepetys
The Book of Strange New Things – Michel Faber
James and the Giant Peach – Roald Dahl
Pygmy – Chuck Palahniuk (DNF)
Best Books Of February
1. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – J.K. Rowling
2. The Book of Strange New Things – Michel Faber
3. The Sound of Gravel – Ruth Wariner
Most-Viewed February Reviews
Most-Viewed February Non-Reviews
All The Things!
All the Things (AKA number of unread books on my TBR shelf) = 25 books.
I’m currently reading The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare.