The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Angel Catbird by Margaret Atwood & Johnnie Christmas.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Sex with Kings: 500 Years of Adultery, Power, Rivalry, and Revenge by Eleanor Herman.
- On Thursday I wrapped up February.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Revolver by Marcus Sedgwick.
- On Wednesday I review I See Reality: Twelve Short Stories about Real Life by Grace Kendall (editor).
- On Thursday we should discuss something bookish.
- On Saturday I have a book haul.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I DNFed Pygmy by Chuck Palahniuk. The whole book is written in dialect, and reading it was more effort than it was worth. Instead, I read The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. Right now, I’m rereading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Harry Potter. I’m so glad I decided to reread this series. So much nostalgia.
- My grad school diploma came. I graduated in November, but the diploma showed up last week. I guess everything’s official now.
- Petsitting my friend’s dog. He’s a cute dog, even though he bit me. (In related news, I’ve been bit by 60% of the animals in my life during the past 2 weeks. I don’t feel like this is my fault. I’m just trying to be their friend!)
- I’m actually caught up on writing book reviews. It’s a miracle.
- The Santa Fe trail mix I like was on sale. <--- That’s a very grown-up thing to be happy about. Grocery store sales. Food is expensive, guys.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!