Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten characters I didn’t click with. These are just my personal feelings. I know that most of my opinions will be hugely unpopular. Please don’t hate me, but let me know why you love the characters I didn’t click with.
Characters I Didn't Click With
10. Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter Series – J.K. Rowling): A lot of people seem to love him, but I don’t get it. Didn’t he support the extermination of muggles and half-bloods? What’s to like about that?
9. Susannah Dean (The Dark Tower Series – Stephen King): I can’t stand the way she speaks or her multiple personalities. I like the series, but Susannah got on my nerves.
8. All of the characters in We Were Liars (E. Lockhart): I like the plot and love the writing style of this book. I just didn’t feel anything for the characters.
7. Tris and Four (Divergent Series – Veronica Roth): I don’t hate them or anything, but their personalities are bland for my tastes. When I finished the series, I couldn’t really remember anything about them.
6. Mia Hall (If I Stay – Gayle Forman): I like characters who have some big flaws, and Mia is just a little too perfect for me.
5. August Pullman (Wonder – R.J. Palacio): Exact same situation as above. Auggie is too sweet for me.
4. Clary Fray (The Mortal Instruments Series– Cassandra Clare): I think she’s bland and underdeveloped compared to the other characters in the series. I couldn’t connect to her as well as I could connect to the other characters.
3. Bella and Edward (Twilight Series – Stephenie Meyer): Bella is weak-minded, and Edward is abusive. I spent the whole series waiting for him to snap and murder her. I just wanted Bella to run away. Fast.
2. Ana and Christian (50 Shades of Grey Series–E.L. James): Similar situation to the one above. Ana is an underdeveloped character, and Christian is creepy.
1. Hannah Baker (Thirteen Reasons Why – Jay Asher): I had a hard time finishing this book because I disliked Hannah so much. She’s a psycho-bitch who finds a way to psychologically torture her classmates from beyond the grave. I was supposed to feel bad for her, but I didn’t.