Thursday, September 3, 2015

August Wrap-Up


August Overview


Welcome to my August 2015 Wrap-Up. Last month, I read some books; totally redesigned the blog; stressed out about everything; and saw many, many snakes, including this one. He had to be relocated to a bucket and moved out of the yard so that the dogs wouldn’t mess with him.




Books I Read


Here are the 8 books I read in August. I’ll have a review up for the last one soon.

Me Being Me is Exactly as Insane as You Being You – Todd Hasak-Lowy

I also finished my Goodreads reading challenge! My goal was to read 60 books this year. I accomplished that last month, so I upped the goal to 80. I know that some people are curious about my star ratings (because I don’t put them on the blog), so here they are.





Best Books of August


These are my top three favorite books I read in August. I read so many good books that it was hard to pick favorites.








Most Popular Reviews


Here are the most-loved reviews I posted in August:



Most Popular Posts


The most-viewed non-reviews:

3. The Sunday Post #15 (In Which I Explain Why Everything Suddenly Looks Different)


Tentative September TBR


Here’s what I plan to read in September. Let me know if you’ve read any of these.

The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly – Stephanie Oakes
The Sound and the Fury – William Faulkner
The Graveyard Book – Neil Gaiman
The Enchanted – Rene Denefeld
Tilt – Ellen Hopkins
Reality Boy – A.S. King
White Dog Fell From The Sky – Eleanor Morse


Strange Things People Google


Cait @ Paper Fury does this thing where she lists the Google search results that bring up her blog. Some of them are hilarious. My blog also tracks Google keywords, but most of them are extraordinarily boring. For some reason, that wasn’t the case last month. I got a few odd ones, so I’m totally stealing Cait’s idea and posting them here.

“Spaldf University MFA.” I think you mean Spalding University MFA, but close enough.

“good things about homo sapiens.” Opposable thumbs? Consciousness? The ability to walk upright? Color vision? Not using feces-throwing as a communication method?

“Blog Content.” Yeah, I struggle in that department, too.

The strangest Google keywords I’ve ever gotten happened a few years ago. It was “Gay boys in captivity.” . . . Um . . . *awkward silence.*


All The Things


All The Things = 27 books.

I’m currently reading The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner.






9 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a pretty good month minus snakes. I love the last google search!!! So weird. Have a great September!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very snake-filled month. It’s getting colder at night, so they’re all coming out of the grass and sleeping on the sidewalks. I have to step over them when I’m walking the dogs.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. I love that "Strange Things People Google." I've seen it on Cait's blog and it's so much fun!! I really want to read Simon - I remember you did a great review of it.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. 27 books in month is really good! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope. Nope, nope, nope. I don't handle snakes in the wild well. I'd never go outside again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great month this month! I am insanely curious about what would pop up in a search for my blog now.. I will have to check it out. And hope that Gay Boys in Captivity doesn't happen to be one of them... Definitely feel the awkward with that one!

    ReplyDelete