Thursday, August 6, 2015

July Wrap-Up

July Overview


Welcome to my July 2015 Wrap-Up. The biggest thing that happened in July was my graduation. I officially finished my Publishing Certificate program, and the school gave me this fancy pen. Now I just have to finish my master’s degree (and hopefully get an even fancier pen).






Books Read in July


I read 8 books in July. I don’t have reviews up for all of them yet, but I promise that they’re coming.

Brass Ankle Blues – Rachel Harper
Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail – Cheryl Strayed


Best Books of July


Here are my top three favorite books from last month.




2. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail – Cheryl Strayed




Most Popular Reviews


Here are the most-viewed reviews I posted in July:



Most Popular Posts


The most-viewed non-reviews:



Coming in August


I promise I will do that Liebster Award tag. I’m embarrassed to admit that I didn’t write down the names of everybody who tagged me for it. I know that a lot of people tagged me, so I’ll see what I can do.

I’m working on discussion posts. I would like to post two this month instead of one, but we’ll see if that actually happens. They tend to take me forever to write.

The Book Haul to End All Book Hauls is coming to an end. I’m sad about this because I love showing you guys my ridiculous haul, but I have a stupid number of books on my TBR shelf. I won’t be buying more books until school forces me to. I have to start reading the ones I have because my TBR shelf is above my bed, and I’m slightly afraid that the books will fall on me while I’m sleeping and crush me to death. If I suddenly stop blogging, it means that the books have killed me. Send a dump truck to dig out my corpse.

I finally finished my review of the entire Dark Tower series. It’s full of spoilers, so go check it out if you’ve already read the books. I’d love to hear your opinions.

I’m still trying to get better at replying to comments. If you leave a comment on my blog, I’ll try really hard to leave one on yours.


Tentative August TBR


Here’s what I plan to read this month. Let me know if any of these are worth reading.

The Silver Linings Playbook – Matthew Quick
5 to 1 – Holly Bodger
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender – Leslye Walton
Places I Never Meant To Be: Original Stories by Censored Writers – Judy Blume (Editor)
Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda – Becky Albertalli
Magonia – Maria Dahvana Headley
The Silent Boy – Lois Lowry
The Wrath & The Dawn – Renée Adhieh


All The Things


All The Things = 36 books.

I’m currently reading The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton.


15 comments:

  1. I had mixed things to say about Magonia. I said I just didn't like it. The Wrath and the Dawn was a masterpiece. I wrote a review about it and all and said it was like one of the best books of this year. IT WAS SO GOODOOODODOODODO!!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m really looking forward to The Wrath & The Dawn. I’m rushing through my school reading so I can get to it.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your graduation! I'm curious about what a publishing certificate is - I'll have to Google that. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got my publishing certificate from Western State Colorado University. It’s a 13-month graduate-level program that teaches students how to be editors. I really liked it and learned a lot from it.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on finishing your program! I am glad you liked Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. I really enjoyed it too and I also read it last month. You have planned to read a lot of good books this month. I recently bought Magonia and I hope to read it soon.
    ~Chioma @ Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m going to be starting Magonia tonight. I hope we both enjoy it.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. The only ones on your August potential list that I've read are Silver Linings Playbook (I really enjoyed it; read it AFTER I saw the movie) and the collection edited by Judy Blume, which I read so long ago I don't really remember much about it. Still, collections are always a mixed bag, and the worse that happens is you skip some stories that don't do it for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also really liked The Silver Linings Playbook. Now I want to see the movie.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of the books on your to-read list, but The Wrath and the Dawn looks most interesting to me. I'm glad you liked Wild! I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to love The Wrath & The Dawn. I’m looking forward to it.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. All my congratulations for you certification!
    8 books in July that's really good even if not all the review are up yet, i haven't read any of those you plan to read in august so i can't recommend one;) but i will eb checking your review when tjhere are online

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting your certificate! 36 books! Wow! That's almost my whole year's worth! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the movie, Wild. It was epic!
    Happy August reading!

    ReplyDelete