|Grab your top hat and your evil twin; it's time for The Sunday Post.|
On The Blog Last Week
- On Tuesday I mini reviewed A Head Full Of Ghosts and Grief Is The Thing With Feathers.
- On Thursday I wrapped up May.
- On Saturday I acquired some of the books that you recommended.
On The Blog This Week
- On Tuesday I review Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Paterson and talk about that awkward moment when you relate to insufferable characters.
- On Thursday I share some of the oddities I’ve discovered inside my email inbox.
- On Saturday there’s a book haul.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. I liked it. You can tell that it’s Backman’s debut novel. It’s funny, but it’s also repetitive and predictable. I’m still reading A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. Good thing I love this series because this book is so freakin’ long. I’ve read about 800 pages. I have another 300 to go.
In My Internet Stalking Life
- Carrie @ Cat on the Bookshelf reviews some YA literary magazines, which makes me very happy because more people need to read literary magazines.
- Is it possible to do too many reading challenges? Suzanne @ The Bookish Libra talks about challenge fatigue.
- Cait @ Paper Fury has written a book, and you can buy it now.
- Do you like middle grade novels? Dena @ Batch of Books has recommendations.
- Do you search used bookstores for a specific book? Greg @ Book Haven discusses his bookish discoveries.
- Michelle @ Chelle's Book Ramblings wants to know what you do when a book hits too close to home.
- Morrighan @ Morrighan's Bookish Ramblings has #Bookstagram tips. I need all the help I can get.
- Nyx @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books lists 10 books that would make awesome movies.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- NASA discovered organic material on Mars. It’s not aliens, but it’s slightly closer to aliens.
- I discovered that there are Instagram accounts that post photos of fancy chocolate desserts. (My discovery is almost as impressive as NASA's, right?) I didn’t know that I needed chocolate photos in my life. #Chocolate
- Watching the Stanley Cup finals. I wanted Las Vegas to win, but I didn’t care that much. I used to watch tons of hockey, but it took up too much of my time, so now I only watch playoff games.
- Nachos happened.
- The neighbors put up a new fence! The old one was 30 years old, and it fell down because the neighbors’ German Shepherd is auditioning to become the Kool-Aid Man.
Stalk Me Everywhere
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!