The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed American Housewife: Stories by Helen Ellis.
- On Tuesday I showed you some covers I love.
- On Wednesday I reviewed The Sound of Gravel: A Memoir by Ruth Wariner.
- On Thursday I wrapped up April.
- On Saturday I showed you my Massive Spring Book Haul (Part 1).
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday we discuss what I learned from blogging for 30 straight days.
- On Tuesday I fill in the blank: “Fiction needs more _____.”
- On Wednesday I review The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber.
- On Saturday I have part 2 of the Massive Spring Book Haul.
In My Reading Life
I think Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-Thon burned me out. I barely read at all last week. Oops. I started a few books, couldn’t concentrate, put them down, and didn’t pick them up again. I didn’t finish any books. I’m nearly halfway through The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins, so I’ll try to finish that this week.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy recently:
- Mexican food.
- I survived the A to Z blogging challenge!
- I had lots of fun during the read-a-thon, even though it killed my reading mojo.
- I don’t talk about work on this blog (‘cause I have to keep some things private), but I’m feeling strangely optimistic about my career. This is weird because I usually feel like I’m hitting walls or drowning with no hope of rescue. Good things don’t usually happen to me, people!
- I finally ran 5k without stopping or walking. Finally! My new goal is 10k.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!