Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten bookish people you should be following on social media. I’m terrible at social media, so I’ve chosen to list my favorite blogs and vlogs. I have a lot of favorites (I follow about 900 bookish people on Bloglovin’), but these are the ones that I find myself visiting the most often. They’re not in any particular order. All of them are great.
Ten Bloggers and Vloggers That You Should Be Following
1. Cornerfolds: Tracy’s reading tastes seem to overlap somewhat with mine, so if you like my blog, you’ll probably like hers. She reviews a lot of YA horror, dystopia, and fantasy.
2. Feed Your Fiction Addiction: I’ve learned about so many interesting ARCs from Nicole. She mostly reviews YA, and her discussion posts are always thought-provoking. She’s one of the hosts for the 2016 discussion challenge, which keeps me motivated to do something intelligent on this blog.
3. It Starts At Midnight: Shannon’s blog makes me feel lazy. Seriously, she puts a ton of work into her posts. They’re always so colorful, and detailed, and interesting, and well-organized. I love her sense of humor. She mostly reviews YA and is the other host for the 2016 discussion challenge.
4. Outlandish Lit: It seems like every time I add a new book to my TBR list, Julianne reviews it. She likes the weirder side of books and reads magical realism, horror, literary fiction, and sci-fi. I like that she reviews adult books. So many of the blogs I follow focus only on YA.
5. Rebel Mommy Book Blog: Grace reviews a wide variety of books and is one of the few bloggers I’ve found who reads memoirs. She also takes pretty pictures of books and food, which are two of my most-favorite things ever.
6. Sarah’s Chapter: I’m so envious of Sarah’s artistic skills. You do not want to see me make art. Sarah’s Chapter is a bookish lifestyle blog. There are reviews (both YA and adult), bookish projects, and beautiful photography.
7. The Bookavid: I like opinionated people, and Jen is an opinionated person. If she likes or doesn’t like a book, she’ll let you know about it. Her reviews get to the point quickly. She also posts a lot of helpful blogging tips.
8. Jen Campbell: My all-time favorite BookTuber. Jen is a bookseller, so she is able to find obscure books that I’ve never heard of. She reviews a wide variety of books, but seems to like magical realism, fairytales, and experimental books. And, she reviews poetry! How awesome is that?
9. Jean Bookishthoughts: Jean is a feminist and knows a lot about politics and ancient literature, so she has a unique take on books. She mostly reviews adult literary fiction, nonfiction, and fantasy. Her videos are very detailed and informative.
10. MercysBookishMusings: Remember when I said that I like opinionated people? Well, Mercedes is an opinionated person. Her reviews are thorough, and she is able to clearly and logically explain why she likes or doesn’t like a book. Her channel focuses mostly on adult literary fiction, including short story collections.
Who are your favorite bloggers and vloggers?