The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.
On the blog last week
- On Monday I reviewed The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer.
- On Tuesday I listed the top ten authors I discovered in 2015.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Project X by Jim Shepard.
- On Saturday I showed you my new books.
On the blog this week
- On Monday I review Carry On by Rainbow Rowell.
- On Tuesday I list my favorite grown-up books of 2015.
- On Wednesday I review The Collector by John Fowles.
- On Thursday I discuss the hype train.
- On Saturday I show you more new books.
In my reading life
My giant essay is still controlling my reading life. Last week, I finished The Collector by John Fowels, and I read most of Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. I’m also slowly and painfully working my way through Burning Down the House: Essays on Fiction by Charles Baxter.
In my blogging life
I’m happy to announce that I will be participating in the 2016 Discussion Challenge hosted by Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts at Midnight. I hope it motivates me to do more discussion posts. Discussions take me forever to write, and I have a hard time coming up with subjects that haven’t already been discussed to death. I’m open to suggestions for discussion posts if anybody has any.
In the rest of my life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- The Christmas tree is up.
- Christmas cookies!
- More new books.
- The first draft of the giant essay is done. (It's 28 pages.)
- Dancing to this song while writing the giant essay.
I hope you had a great week. See you around the blogosphere!