The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.
You guys probably haven’t seen me around the blogosphere lately. I’m home from my California/Nevada hiking trip, but I’m leaving for my Kentucky school trip in a few days. I’m going to be on a blogging hiatus from November 12-22. I have a Top Ten Tuesday scheduled, but nothing else currently. It’s going to get very quiet around here.
On The Blog last week
- On Monday I reviewed The First Part Last by Angela Johnson.
- On Tuesday I showed pictures of my unpopular opinions.
- On Wednesday I reviewed How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff.
- On Thursday I wrapped up October.
- On Friday I possessed an author (exorcism style) and forced her to do my bidding.
- On Saturday I showed you my most-anticipated book haul.
On The blog this week
- On Monday I review Looking for Alaska by John Green.
- On Tuesday I list the movies I’ve failed to see.
- On Wednesday I review American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang.
- On Friday I show you which books amused immature child-me.
In My reading life
November is going to be such a bad reading month. I’m embarrassed to say that it’s November 8th, and I’ve read nothing this month. I have started two books. One of them is The Orphan Master’s Son by Adam Johnson and the other is The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer.
In My Blogging Life
I’ve been posting my Printz Award reviews. Check them out if you haven’t already.
I’m way, way behind on answering comments and commenting back. If you’ve left a comment on my blog in the past week or two, I promise I’m not ignoring you. I’m also way behind on emails and Goodreads messages.
In the rest of my life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- My hiking trip was awesome. I have so many pictures to show you.
- My hiking boots didn’t tear up my feet too badly. I only have three blisters.
- New books were waiting for me when I got home.
- I got accepted to the workshop I want to do next spring. Now I need to find the time to get all the work done for it.
- We spent the last day of the hiking trip in Las Vegas, and I got to eat at a Gordon Ramsay restaurant. I’ve been watching Gordon Ramsay on TV for years. I’ve always wanted to try his food, and I finally got to! It was really good. Here are some dark, unedited pictures of it.
I hope you had a great week!