The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. I’m spending the week with my family and some delicious pies. Wish me luck in my attempt to avoid dinner conversations about politics.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing.
- On Tuesday I showed you the picture books I’m going to force upon my future children.
- On Wednesday I reviewed The Stranger beside Me: Ted Bundy The Shocking Inside Story by Ann Rule.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review State of Wonder by Ann Patchett.
- On Wednesday I review Touching the Void: The Harrowing First-Person Account of One Man’s Miraculous Survival by Joe Simpson.
In My Reading Life
I’m doing the Tome Topple Readathon, so I’m reading giant books for the rest of November. Last week, I finished The Odyssey by Homer. Right now, I’m reading The Secret History by Donna Tartt.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- I finally updated my About Me page. I’ve been meaning to do this for approximately 11 months. Head over there to learn more about everybody’s favorite subject: Me.
- I ate a really good meatball sub.
- There are deer outside my house right now. They’re so fluffy!
- I (kind of) have an Instagram account. I don’t think I can post anything on it because I don’t own a phone or any mobile devices. I made the account so I can see other people’s photos. If you want me to follow you, leave a link in the comments.
- A US Navy pilot used an airplane to draw male genitalia in the sky. Several people were offended. Immature weirdos (like me) laughed at all the news stories that contained the words “giant sky penis.”
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!