Sunday, December 25, 2016

The Sunday Post #77


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.


Merry Christmas!



On The Blog Last Week






On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Travels in Vermeer: A Memoir by Michael White.
  • On Tuesday I list the best books I read in 2016.
  • On Wednesday I review This Side of Providence by Rachel M. Harper.
  • On Thursday we discuss my New Year’s resolutions.
  • On Saturday I have the poetry edition of my giant Black Friday haul.




In My Reading Life


All the negativity on the Internet has been frustrating me lately, so I’ve been spending less time on the computer. The good part of less computer time: I got tons of reading done. The bad part of less computer time: I’m behind on reviews. Last week, I finished Cold City by Cathy McSporran and My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins (editor). Then I read Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. Right now, I’m reading Three Moments of an Explosion by China MiĆ©ville and The Middle Ages: Everyday Life in Medieval Europe by Jeffrey L. Singman.







In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. It’s Christmas!
  2. Chinese food.
  3. Also, Mexican food. (Can you tell that Christmas isn’t exactly traditional around here?)
  4. Making my New Year’s resolutions.
  5. My favorite Christmas song.






Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other. See you around the blogosphere! 







12 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Mexican and Chinese Food! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love breaking from tradition when it comes to Christmas food. We did a Korean dinner a few years ago. This year we did our traditional prime rib since we had a new addition to our family this year who had not experienced our regular routine.
    I have to step back every now and again from the internet. It feels good to live life, read books, get more done around the house, and then come back feeling refreshed. You can write those reviews whenever you feel like it. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy your Chinese and Mexican food!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my parents lived close by, we used to go to a local pub every year for Christmas dinner. No one has to cook or do dishes, and everyone could choose what they wanted to eat. Easy as pie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that image- "cause I ate him". Funny. :) Merry Christmas, hope you have a fabulous holiday. Mmm Chinese and Mexican- either one is good any time lol. Sounds like good Christmas food to me!!

    I enjoyed My True Love Gave to Me, it was nice to try some new authors in that anthology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting tired of non stop trolls on Twitter. It seems every time I make a comment or observation on any subject withoutout tagging it to anyone , some moron wants to challenge it and declare I'm wrong. It's driving me mad. I spend more time on my blog and friends blogs and just use Twitter for following football and news headlines. Hope you are having a good festive period!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love shaking up the holidays with different cultural foods! I hope that you have had a relaxing time and the books were enjoyable for you. I have to completely agree with you about the amount of negativity and it has really affected my online presence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both Chinese and Mexican food. Yum!

    Enjoy your reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been avoiding much of the internet, too. I hope this passes. It's gross out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been spending a quiet Christmas with a lot of time working on my blogs. The only Mexican food I've had since I've been home is Taco Bell and no Chinese at all yet. You are making me hungry! Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you for staying offline. I have to admit that I've been...wallowing...but I've decided to try to be more positive in my FB posts and such.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I've pulled back from the interwebs as well. We eat pretty traditionally most years, but last year we ended up with a much smaller Christmas day gathering than usual, and did salad rolls. It was fun (and tasty), but I really do love my brother-in-law's planked salmon and roast beef feast.

    ReplyDelete