Sunday, December 4, 2016

The Sunday Post #74


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.




On The Blog Last Week







On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I #ReadIndie review Anyone? by Angela Scott.
  • On Tuesday I list some talented authors I read for the first time in 2016.
  • On Wednesday I #ReadIndie review Bound by Duty by Stormy Smith.
  • On Thursday I ponder what happens if you can’t comment back.
  • On Saturday I have the short story edition of my giant Black Friday book haul.





In My Reading Life


The only book I finished last week is There Once Lived A Girl Who Seduced Her Sister's Husband, and He Hanged Himself: Love Stories by Ludmilla Petrushevskaya. I’m once again experimenting with book polygamy. I usually only read one book at a time, but I thought I’d shake things up. I’m still working my way through Haruki Murakami’s massive novel The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. Whenever I get tired of that one, I’m reading Children of the New World: Stories by Alexander Weinstein.





#ReadIndie is happening now!


For the next two weeks, I’m only going to be reviewing self-published books on this blog as part of the #ReadIndie challenge.


“Welcome to the first ever #ReadIndie challenge! This event was created to promote indie authors who we think are amazing! What is this challenge, you ask? #ReadIndie is a two week time span in December during which we will only be reviewing and promoting indie titles.  
So what is #ReadIndie all about? This isn't necessarily a read-a-thon. Instead, the challenge is simply to post indie reviews for two weeks in place of the reviews you would normally post. However, each review you post and link up will gain you an extra entry into an indie book giveaway! This is ALL about spreading the word about incredible authors who don't necessarily get the hype that they deserve.”

Head over to Cornerfolds to find out more.






In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. I got so much blogging done. I’m a blogging machine!
  2. Christmas decorations.
  3. I still have the bronchitis cough, but the other bronchitis symptoms are going away.
  4. The Great American Baking Show. It’s not as good as the original British version, but whatever. Pretty food makes me happy.
  5. Children of the New World by Alexander Weinstein is amazing so far. If you like sci-fi/dystopian short stories, you need to read this thing.





Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other. See you around the blogosphere!









30 comments:

  1. There Once Lived a Girl...looks tempting. As for book polygamy, I don't usually indulge, unless the books are very different from one another. I prefer book monogamy. LOL.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer monogamy, too, but lately I’ve been trying to read 1 novel and 1 short story collection at the same time.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. It is a wonderful feeling to get ahead in blogging. I'm sorry to hear you still have a bronchitis cough, I hope you are 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being a blogging machine!!! I just started watching the baking show too. I love all things baking. I mean I am horrible at it but love watching it on TV!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you are getting some blogging done and glad that your bronchitis is starting to go away!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had SUCH a great week--especially glad to hear you've been a blogging machine! I feel much the same way right now; I've been scheduling posts like a madwoman for the next few weeks, as I'm moving and it'll be the holidays. EEP!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog earlier--much appreciated! Hope you have a great week to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Blogging during the holidays is tough. Good luck with the move.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. Yay for #ReadIndie! I'm so excited that you're participating! :D I can't wait to see what you thought of Anyone? because I loved it! Have a great week!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol book polygamy. I am the same way- usually one book at a time. Id I am reading more than one book it is one fiction and one nonfiction. Two fictions books at a time makes my head hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, reading 2 novels at the same time reminds me of college. It isn’t fun. Book monogamy is better for me.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  8. Pretty food makes me happy as well! I have a hard time reading more than one book at a time. When I try, I just end up pausing one and finishing the other one before going back to it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That’s what happened with the last short story collection I read. The novel I was reading at the same time was more interesting, so the collection got neglected.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  9. Sorry you're unwell and I hope you eventually approve soon. I'm very impressed you're so progressed in your blogging - mind you, I'm usually impressed when someone knows what they're going to blog about a day before it's due to be published!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, usually I’m not this far ahead. I’m happy if I can get a week ahead.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  10. Yay for being able to get ahead in the blogging game, and getting those Christmas decorations up! I also hope that you are able to feel a lot better soon. A bad cough is never any fun :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really want to see Fantastic Beasts, but I can’t until the cough goes away. No one wants to sit in a movie theater with me coughing.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  11. #ReadIndie is a great idea, I don't review nearly enough indie books actually. I'll have to check that out and maybe I'll get some good recs for indie reads to try. Hope the bronchitis goes away and you feel better this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don’t read enough indie books, either. That’s why #ReadIndie is awesome.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  12. Yay for being a blogging machine! I'll need to watch the #ReadIndie event. I don't think I can commit to only reviewing Indies in December, but I can definitely get a few Indies in there!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to only read one book at a time but now I always have a print book, an ebook, and at least one book on the serial app. It's a problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I don’t think I could read more than two at a time. It would start to feel overwhelming.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  14. I read There Once Lived A Girl Who Seduced Her Sister's Husband, and He Hanged Himself: Love Stories it was intereting. I usually listen to one book and read a different book at the same time. Sometimes I will read 2 and listen to 1. I just make sure they are different genres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Different genres is key. I hated reading multiple novels at once.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  15. Haha! A blogging machine! Love it! We got some Christmas dec's up too... So glad to do it early!
    Have a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am envious of all of the blogging you got done. I am so NOT a blogging machine, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who doesn't love those months when we get a lot done? I have not been as productive. Normally by decorations are done, and I tend to blog more this time of year, but this year, neither apply. I am having a tough time getting around and an equally hard time sitting in one position, so...
    I am glad to hear that your bronchitis is letting up. It is a nasty thing to get over sometimes.

    ReplyDelete