The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I #ReadIndie reviewed ZIA, The Teenage Zombie & The Undead Diaries by Angela Scott.
- On Tuesday I listed some books I’m going to read in 2017.
- On Wednesday I #ReadIndie reviewed Floor 21 by Jason Luthor.
- On Thursday I needed book recommendations.
- On Saturday I had the fiction edition of my giant Black Friday book haul.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan.
- On Tuesday I list some nonfiction books I wish Santa would bring me.
- On Wednesday I review More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera.
- On Thursday I do the Jingle Bell tag.
- On Saturday I have the nonfiction edition of my giant Black Friday book haul.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished Children of the New World: Stories by Alexander Weinstein. Then I read Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist by Dan Barker. Right now, I’m reading Cold City by Cathy McSporran and My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins (editor).
For the third year in a row, I’m signing up for the Book Blog Discussion Challenge hosted by Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts At Midnight. My goal is to write at least 11 discussions next year.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Buying Christmas presents for my parents.
- My dog had a close encounter with a coyote, and nobody got bit. Honestly, I don’t know how my dog’s ancestors survived long enough to produce her. She’s dumb as a rock and has no survival skills.
- I donated a bunch of books to the classroom libraries of various teacher friends. This means there’s empty space on my bookshelves, which means more books for me. Also, I found this meme for my teacher friends:
- The #ReadIndie Challenge forced me out of my reading comfort zone, which is always appreciated.
- You guys were rock stars at responding to my I need recommendations post.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other. See you around the blogosphere!