The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I #ReadIndie reviewed Anyone? by Angela Scott.
- On Tuesday I listed some talented authors I read for the first time in 2016.
- On Wednesday I #ReadIndie reviewed Bound by Duty by Stormy Smith.
- On Thursday I pondered what happens if you can’t comment back.
- On Saturday I had the short story edition of my giant Black Friday book haul.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I #ReadIndie review ZIA, The Teenage Zombie & The Undead Diaries by Angela Scott.
- On Tuesday I list some books I’m going to read in 2017.
- On Wednesday I #ReadIndie review Floor 21 by Jason Luthor.
- On Thursday I need book recommendations.
- On Saturday I have the fiction edition of my giant Black Friday book haul.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finally finished The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. Then I read Astray by Amy Christine Parker. Right now, I'm reading Losing Faith In Faith: From Preacher to Atheist by Dan Barker.
#ReadIndie Is Happening Now
For the next week, I’m only going to be reviewing self-published books on this blog as part of the #ReadIndie challenge.
“Welcome to the first ever #ReadIndie challenge! This event was created to promote indie authors who we think are amazing! What is this challenge, you ask? #ReadIndie is a two week time span in December during which we will only be reviewing and promoting indie titles.
So what is #ReadIndie all about? This isn't necessarily a read-a-thon. Instead, the challenge is simply to post indie reviews for two weeks in place of the reviews you would normally post. However, each review you post and link up will gain you an extra entry into an indie book giveaway! This is ALL about spreading the word about incredible authors who don't necessarily get the hype that they deserve.”
Head over to Cornerfolds to find out more.
2017 Challenge Sign-Ups
Here are two of the challenges I’m doing next year:
I’m attempting the Dystopia Reading Challenge again. My goal is to read at least 5 dystopias.
I’m also participating in my first read-a-thon! I don’t have a TBR for it yet, but I’m looking forward to starting 2017 with some diverse books. Sign up for the Dumbledore's Army Read-A-Thon and represent your Hogwarts house!
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Christmas cookies.
- Rocking out to Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
- Lots of reading happened.
- My Black Friday book haul packages started showing up.
- Rediscovering this scientifically accurate Santa Claus song.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other. See you around the blogosphere!