The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
Public Service Announcement
Last week, someone I went to high school with committed suicide. Please take care of yourselves and be kind to each other.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan.
- On Tuesday it was my blogiversary, and I dropped some blogger wisdom on you.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Make Something Up: Stories You Can’t Unread by Chuck Palahniuk.
- On Thursday I did the Olympic Book Tag.
- On Saturday more books happened.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough.
- On Tuesday I show you some books I’ve failed to read.
- On Wednesday I review A Love Like Blood by Marcus Sedgwick.
- On Thursday I tell you what I did in August.
In My Reading Life
A whole lot of life happened last week, and most of it was unpleasant, so I didn’t get much reading done. I finished The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Now I’m trying to work up the courage to read the new Harry Potter book. I’m scared, guys. What if I hate it?
In My Blogging Life
You may have noticed that my recent book reviews have been giant walls of text. I assume most people skim them, so I may start experimenting with ways to make them more skimmable (that’s totally a word). Don’t be alarmed if they start looking a bit different.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- A horse danced to Santana’s “Smooth” in the Olympics, and it was epic. For reasons I don’t understand, the horse wasn’t instantly awarded a gold medal.
- My grandpa bought me the new Harry Potter book.
- I wrote a lecture. I’ve never written one before and enjoyed figuring out how. My lecture is about nonlinear narrative structure, of course.
- It has been getting cooler at night. I sleep a lot better when I’m not sweating like a pig and angry about it.
I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!