Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Reasons I Love Book Blogging


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten reasons I love ______. I’m filling in the blank with “book blogging.”



Reasons Why I Love Book Blogging




1. Nobody in my real life reads. If I talked to my family about books, their eyes would glaze over, and they’d make excuses to run away from me before I bored them to death. Nobody in my real life understands my bookish obsession.




2. Blogging allows me to talk about books. I’d probably spontaneously combust if I didn’t. Books give me so many opinions that I can’t keep them all inside. I must force them upon you for my own safety.



3. Blogging encourages me to read more. I don’t really need encouragement to read, but I’m a weirdo who works best with schedules and deadlines. My self-imposed blogging schedule encourages me to pick up a book instead of screwing around on YouTube.



4. Finding out about books before they happen. Aren’t ARCs awesome? Blogging helps me find out about books months before they’re released. Then I have something to look forward to.



5. Blogging is cheaper than a lot of other hobbies. Buying books is expensive, but I haven’t paid one cent for my blog. That probably makes me look unprofessional, but I’m a broke student. I have no money to spend on blogs. I’m so grateful that there are enough free blogging resources that I can do all the work myself.




6. Blogging improves my critical writing skills. I have spent a significant chunk of my life writing critical essays. I’ve attended four different colleges to learn critical writing. Critical writing is just what I do. My blog posts are like short, informal, ridiculous, meme-filled essays. Blogging helps me improve my essay skills, but it’s a lot less tedious than writing a formal essay.



7. Blogging forces me to think about what I read. The reason I started reviewing books is because I was reading a ton of them but not really thinking about what I read. Blogging requires me to use my brain-meat.



8. I can be myself. I’m an extreme introvert. Crowds make me anxious, and I have a hard time talking to strangers. (Probably ‘cause my mommy told me not to.) I’d rather put out a campfire with my face than go to a party. My blog allows me to express myself in ways that I can’t in real life. I feel like myself on this blog.




9. I’ve met so many cool people. This might seem to go against what I said in #8, but book bloggers are the kindest and most creative people I’ve ever met. I seriously love you guys.



  
10. Blogging challenges me. I had no idea how to design a website or make graphics, but blogging forced me to learn. I’m terrible at using social media, but blogging encourages me to try. I have a lot of ideas, but I’m nervous about sharing them, and blogging gives me a safe outlet to be creative. I feel like blogging has expanded my mind and comfort zone.





What do you love about book blogging?








11 comments:

  1. I really enjoy blogging too. My husband appreciates that I read a lot, but reading isn't really for him. I like how blogging has opened a whole new world and I have met some great people on-line. Great topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this list so much!! Especially the cost aspect. My husband plays paintball as a hobby and I always point out how many books I could buy for one case of paint. XD Not to mention, Blogger is free! I definitely read more because I blog too. Having to fill up review slots is definitely motivation.

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have so many friends who don't read will be the eternal mystery of my life. I definitely agree that everyone in the book blogging community is amazing and incredibly encouraging. Great List!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this TTT! these are all same reason why I love doing book related things online! My daughter is the only one that reads but she is only 10 years old , I am trying at least to have her read the Percy Jackson books but she is not even interested on reading them. But at least she likes to go books shopping with me.
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! So many of these are true for me as well. I started blogging to be able to talk about books with people too. My husband was so sick of hearing me talk about what I was reading. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, great pick for this weeks prompt! Love that this prompt means nearly all our posts are about something different. I love blogging, especially since I don't really know many people who love reading. I just love having a community to talk about books with. You can check my TTT post out here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally started blogging because no one IRL understands my love for books. I also love being int he know about books coming out. Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/07/top-ten-tuesday-60/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this topic and your list! I definitely agree with so many of these, especially as blogging is my outlet for talking about books, and that blogging challenges me with social media.
    Heres my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the list. And I so agree with #1. My friends get the "oh great we're talking books again" look and either pretend to be busy or turn to their phones. Struggles lol.

    Happy Reading!
    Austine @ NovelKnight

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just getting started, but I had so much fun designing my website and improving on the generic free template.

    MY TTT LIST

    ReplyDelete