The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Reality Boy by A.S. King.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson.
- On Tuesday I list some words that make me buy books.
- On Wednesday I review The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin.
- On Thursday I tell you what I’ve been up to in June.
In My Blogging Life
Things have been a bit quiet on the blogging front lately. Real life has been getting in the way of blogging and reading. (Darn you, real life.) I need to get back in the habit of working on the blog at night instead of eating ice cream and watching the Food Network until I fall asleep.
In My Reading Life
Reading has not really been happening. In the last two weeks, I read three books: Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson, The Thing about Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin, and Charm & Strange by Stephanie Kuehn. Right now, I’m reading Beautiful You by Chuck Palahniuk.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy recently:
- I actually wrote some blog posts last week. I’ve been relying on scheduled posts, so it’s been over a month since I’ve written anything other than Sunday Posts.
- The dogs got groomed. Now they smell like flowers instead of like hot garbage.
- I started using lists on Twitter. I follow back any bookish person who follows me, so my Twitter was insane. It took several hours to set up the lists, but Twitter is so much more pleasant to use now.
- I finally admitted to myself that I don’t like watching BookTube videos. I unsubscribed from almost all of the BookTube channels I followed. My YouTube subscription feed is so much more pleasant to use now.
- There was a robin nest in the tree outside my bedroom window, and I got to watch the baby birds leave the nest and flap around awkwardly. They were so fluffy!
I hope you had a great week. See you around the blogosphere!