Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Sunday Post #53


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.



On The Blog Last Week






On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson.
  • On Tuesday I list some words that make me buy books.
  • On Wednesday I review The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin.
  • On Thursday I tell you what I’ve been up to in June.




In My Blogging Life


Things have been a bit quiet on the blogging front lately. Real life has been getting in the way of blogging and reading. (Darn you, real life.) I need to get back in the habit of working on the blog at night instead of eating ice cream and watching the Food Network until I fall asleep.





In My Reading Life


Reading has not really been happening. In the last two weeks, I read three books: Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson, The Thing about Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin, and Charm & Strange by Stephanie Kuehn. Right now, I’m reading Beautiful You by Chuck Palahniuk.






In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy recently:

  1. I actually wrote some blog posts last week. I’ve been relying on scheduled posts, so it’s been over a month since I’ve written anything other than Sunday Posts.
  2. The dogs got groomed. Now they smell like flowers instead of like hot garbage.
  3. I started using lists on Twitter. I follow back any bookish person who follows me, so my Twitter was insane. It took several hours to set up the lists, but Twitter is so much more pleasant to use now.
  4. I finally admitted to myself that I don’t like watching BookTube videos. I unsubscribed from almost all of the BookTube channels I followed. My YouTube subscription feed is so much more pleasant to use now.
  5. There was a robin nest in the tree outside my bedroom window, and I got to watch the baby birds leave the nest and flap around awkwardly. They were so fluffy!





I hope you had a great week. See you around the blogosphere!









16 comments:

  1. I love Twitter lists! They're so handy. Also, I can relate about BookTube. There are only two or three booktubers I can follow. I like videos in the five minute range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh but ice cream and Food Network is so good!! I so need to make Twitter lists. I had no idea that was a thing!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Ice cream and Food Network are so much more fun than the rest of the stuff I do all day.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes life can get in the way of reading/blogging (darn it!) but it looks like you have plans to help with that! Though I don't know how you'd pull yourself away from ice cream and late night TV... it takes more willpower than I have ;) have a great week!
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn’t have enough willpower to do it last night. Sometimes I’m just way too tired to blog.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. Twitter Lists do make using Twitter much more pleasant. I don't know much about BookTubers, I tend to lean toward DIY and Fitness videos. Enjoy your books, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to support BookTubers because they’re part of the bookish community, but I just can’t make myself interested in their videos. My subscription feed was always cluttered up with them.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on The Stepford Wives - have you read anything else by Ira Levin?

    I totally get what you mean regarding BookTube. I like to think I'm really in to that area of YouTube but in all honesty I only truly enjoy perhaps five of the 30+ people I follow... Maybe it's time for a clear out.

    Hmm... I've always been curious by Twitter lists. I get notifications saying I've been added to some but be a bit of a newb with tech and social media etc I didn't really have much clue about them. My book blog twitter is pretty manageable, but I'll definitely have to look in to for my photography blog twitter because that is just getting out of control!!

    I hope you have a wonderful week full of good books, blogging, and ice cream too - can't give up that part :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Twitter lists took a long time to set up, but it was totally worth it. The only other Ira Levin book I’ve read is Rosemary’s Baby.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
    2. A Kiss Before Dying is my favourite Ira Levin book.

      Delete
  6. Aww! I wan to see a bird's nest in my tree sometime! Here’s my Sunday Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve loved watching the babies grow up and the mom bird take care of them. They’re REALLY noisy, though. They wake me up early every morning with their squawking.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  7. Ugh, I hate when real life gets in the way! I do love some Food Network though! ;) Oh, and I don't really care for BookTube either. :/ I keep thinking I should consider starting a channel, but no. I'm awkward! XD Have a great week!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! I often get cranky about real life getting in my way too! I just want to get ahead with my reading and blogging, not run around after kids and my husband! Sometimes I wish I could have a little holiday by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I blog WHILE watching TV ... two birds/one stone and all that. I actually have a harder time when I just want to READ. I go through periods where blogging and reading seem impossible to do (as much as I'd like to) at the same time! Oh, and I love my Twitter lists. Do you use Tweetdeck? It's a lifesaver and makes viewing my tweets in my lists so much nicer!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete