Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten book-to-movie adaptations that I haven’t seen. If you’ve been around this blog, you’ll know that I’m horrible at watching movies. I just don’t have the patience for them. I’d rather be reading. So, here are ten recent book-to-movie adaptations that I’ve failed to see.
1. Paper Towns. I’ve read all of John Green’s books, and I really like them, but I haven’t seen this movie yet.
2. The Fault In Our Stars. Yeah, I haven’t seen this one, either.
3. The Silver Linings Playbook. I love Jennifer Lawrence. I even have a copy of this book with her face on the cover. That didn’t motivate me to actually see the movie.
4. The Maze Runner. I wasn’t a fan of the book, but my bookish friends loved the movie. I can see how the book would translate well to the screen.
5. The Hobbit. This was one of my favorite books as a kid . . . still haven’t seen the movie.
6. Far From The Madding Crowd. I’m a fan of Thomas Hardy’s work. I didn’t even mind being forced to read his books in college. I guess I’m not a big enough fan to see the movie, though.
7. Wild. I read the book because I saw the movie trailer and thought it looked interesting. I never did get around to seeing the movie.
8. Me And Earl And The Dying Girl. When this movie was in theaters, I actually looked up what times it was playing. But, I never went.
9. The Giver. Another one of my favorite childhood books. People have told me that the movie is very different from the book, though.
10. Gone Girl. When I read Gone Girl, I thought, This would make a great movie. I have no idea if it did make a great movie because I haven’t seen it.
What movies have you failed to see?