The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Places I Never Meant To Be: Original Stories By Censored Writers by Judy Blume (Editor).
- On Tuesday I showed you which books I’d put on my syllabus if I taught a class about writing styles in contemporary YA.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli.
- On Thursday I (finally) did the Liebster Award thing.
- On Friday I quoted a random book.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley.
- On Tuesday I list ten characters I didn’t click with.
- On Wednesday I review The Silent Boy by Lois Lowry.
- On Thursday I wrap up August.
In My Blogging Life
Look in the sidebar over that way <---- I finally have Stalk Me Everywhere buttons! I’ve wanted them for a long time, but I couldn’t find any free ones that I liked. So, I decided to get some simple-looking ones. They came from Carrie Loves Design Studio. They’re free, and there are tons of colors to choose from.
In My Reading Life
My Goodreads reading goal was 60 books this year. I finished book number 60 last week, so I upped the goal to 80. I only read 72 books last year, but I think I can get to 80 this year.
Last week, I read The Silent Boy by Lois Lowry and Me Being Me is Exactly as Insane as You Being You by Todd Hasak-Lowy. Right now, I’m reading The Wrath & The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh.
In The Rest Of My Life
Nature's food chain happened on my lawn. A snake caught a toad:
|The toad escaped. It looks dead in the picture, but it definitely wasn’t.|
Okay, let’s move on. Here are five things that made me happy last week:
- Chocolate pudding.
- Midsession is over. Now back to my regularly scheduled school-related freakouts.
- New slippers. They’re leopard-print. Exactly like the old slippers.
- New glasses! They haven’t arrived yet, but hopefully I’ll be able to see now.
- Speaking of my terrible eyesight, I’m very grateful to all of the bloggers who use dark fonts on light backgrounds. I can’t read white words on black backgrounds without going cross-eyed.
I hope you had a great week! I’ll see you around the blogosphere.