Reading while walking should be considered an extreme sport. That lady is about 2 seconds away from wandering into traffic. Sorry, lady. Been there, done that.
The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
Public Service Announcement
I’m hosting a giveaway! Click here to win a book of your choice from Book Depository. The giveaway is open internationally, as long as Book Depository ships to your country.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed The Shell Collector: Stories by Anthony Doerr.
- On Tuesday I showed you my disturbing Spring TBR.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi.
- On Saturday there was a book haul.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Missing May by Cynthia Rylant.
- On Tuesday I give you a geography lesson.
- On Wednesday I review Scythe by Neal Shusterman.
- On Saturday there’s a book haul.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished The Long Shadow of Small Ghosts by Laura Tillman. Then I read Tin Man by Sarah Winman. Right now, I’m reading The Smell of Other People’s Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock.
In my Internet-Stalking Life
- Remember that Markus Zusak book that was supposed to be published in 2011? Yeah, me neither. I completely forgot about it until Twitter reminded me last week. It’s coming out in October 2018! (Supposedly.)
- Tracy @ Cornerfolds recommended some podcasts about love and horror.
- Do you like tag posts? Do you like zombie apocalypses? Good news! Jessica @ Reading With Jessica has a tag for you.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- My dog is (mostly) okay. She was acting weird and lethargic, so I took her to the vet. Turns out, she has arthritis and muscle atrophy. That’s not great news, but at least she’s not dying or anything. She’s just freakin’ old.
- I’ve been feeling burnt out with blogging lately, so I’ve decided to change everything. Well, that’s probably an overstatement. You’ll still get your fill of books, top hats, and grayscale everything. I’m not going anywhere. Things are just going to start looking different over the next few weeks.
- I tried a bath bomb. It made my bathroom smell like birthday cake. It also made me smell slightly more like birthday cake than usual.
- I have 100 Instagram followers! I’m impressed because I have no clue what I’m doing with that website. I just pull books off my shelf, try to arrange them in the most pretentious way possible, and take a photo. Is this how you win at Instagram? Am I winning?
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!