|I have a theory that cats make horcruxes when nobody is looking. How else would they get those nine lives?|
The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
Public Service Announcement
Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon is on April 28! If you want to participate, sign up here. My dog is getting leg surgery two days before the readathon, so I don’t know how much reading I’ll get done, but I’m going to try.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed The Complete Stories of Truman Capote by Truman Capote.
- On Tuesday I gave authors ten reasons why I hate their characters.
- On Wednesday I reviewed The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon.
- On Thursday I wrapped up March.
- On Saturday there was a book haul.
On The Blog This Week
- On Tuesday I review Rabbit Hill by Robert Lawson and confess that I’m confused by talking bunnies.
- On Thursday I discuss my reviewing crisis and decide what needs to change around here.
- On Saturday there’s a book haul.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I gave up on Dome of the Hidden Pavilion: New Poems by James Tate. It’s a weird and funny poetry collection, but I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to be getting out of reading it. Most of the poems didn’t mean anything to me. They were just weird. After that, I read Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman. I didn’t love this book as much as I loved Scythe, but it’s still a solid sequel. Right now, I’m reading Dread Nation by Justina Ireland and A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin.
In My Internet Stalking Life
- Dread Nation is one of the most hyped YA books of 2018. Get to know the author and her controversial Twitter account in this Vulture article.
- Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight shares some unfortunate international covers of popular books.
- Lili @ Utopia State of Mind talks about book blogger self-care over on NovelKnight.
- What the heck is mood reading? Kristen @ Metaphors & Moonlight tries to answer that question.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- My birthday giveaway ended! Thank you to everybody who entered. There were 740 entries.
- My mom finally got her hip replacement surgery. I’m not happy that she’s all puffy right now, but maybe she’ll be able to walk again soon.
- My dog is feeling better. Her arthritis got really bad for a while, but now she’s back to doing regular dog stuff. Yesterday she was enthusiastically humping my other dog, so I guess she’s not in too much pain. Nasty animal.
- Continuing with the health theme, I got awesome bandages for my feet. I’ve been running so much lately that my feet are really beat up. They’re all full of blisters and rubbed-raw patches. I got bandages to cover the painful spots, and when I opened the bandages, I discovered that they’re RAINBOW colored! Covering my pain in rainbows makes everything suck less.
- I got new books. I know I’m supposed to calm down with the book acquiring, but #NoRegrets.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!