|If you're reading this on a beach right now, I'm envious. Also, what is that dude staring at? Her knees? How scandalous!|
The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Tuesday I reviewed Rabbit Hill by Robert Lawson and confessed that I’m confused by talking bunnies.
- On Thursday I discussed my reviewing crisis.
- On Saturday there was a book haul.
On The Blog This Week
- On Tuesday I share some excellent small publishers that you should check out.
- On Thursday I review Good Morning, Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton and talk about why characters need agency.
- On Saturday I answer 20 bookish questions.
In My Reading Life
My brilliant self decided that it would be a good idea to read two big books during a week where I was very busy. As a result, I finished 0 books last week. I read about 250 pages of A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin. I also read around 350 pages of Dread Nation by Justina Ireland. One day last week, I was so tired that I ended up watching Independence Day when I should have been reading. Screw the books; sometimes you just want to see young Will Smith make stuff explode.
In My Internet Stalking Life
- Veronika @ The Regal Critiques offers suggestions for controlling your TBR.
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current wonders if you like duologies.
- Danielle @ Books, Vertigo & Tea talks about authors who nailed it with fictional villains.
- Sophie @ Beware of the Reader wonders if social media is a curse or a blessing.
- Chuckles @ Chuckles Book Cave lists some YA books that adults will enjoy.
- Angela @ Musings of a Literary Wanderer asks if it’s hard to review your favorite author.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Thanks for all the nice messages about my dog and my mom. My mom got her hip replaced two weeks ago. She’s still really swollen, but she’s doing physical therapy and is walking on crutches. My dog’s leg surgery is scheduled for next week.
- Last week, I published my 900th post on this blog. Can you believe I’ve written 900 of these?
- The blog reached 600 Bloglovin’ followers. (Thanks for following!)
- Fossil hunters identified the jaw of a giant dinosaur whale.
- If you're going to get arrested, please make it hilarious. Maybe I’ll come down. Maybe I won’t.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!