The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood.
- On Tuesday I listed my 2018 resolutions.
- On Wednesday I reviewed The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through The Madness Industry by Jon Ronson.
- On Saturday there was a book haul.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Agents of Dreamland by Caitlín R. Kiernan.
- On Tuesday I apologize to authors for forgetting their books.
- On Wednesday I review A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab.
- On Thursday there’s a tag.
- On Saturday there’s a book haul.
In My Reading Life
Last week had my first 5-star read of 2018 and my first DNF of 2018. I’m slightly obsessed with This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee. It’s a fun book. Five stars! I DNFed How to Survive a Summer by Nick White. I’m gutted about that because I was really looking forward to reading it. The narrator pissed me off too much to finish it. He was passive aggressively nice to people’s faces, but in his head, he was a jerk to everyone. I couldn’t stand him.
After I gave up on How to Survive a Summer, I finished The Paper Menagerie by Ken Liu. Right now, I’m reading The Dumb House by John Burnside and Lungs Full of Noise by Tessa Mellas.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Re-watching Planet Earth. BBC America had a marathon of nature shows last week. Nature is cool. And terrifying. And disgusting.
- I read my first 5-star book of the year.
- I updated my TBR list with all the translated books that you guys have recommended to me. Updating the list was fun, but let’s ignore the fact that the list now has over 600 books on it. Thank you for the recommendations!
- I’m getting better at using my new phone. I don’t feel like such a noob anymore.
- I noticed that this blog now has over 10000 comments. Thank you for commenting!
|So many comments.|
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!