Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Sunday Post #109


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.




On The Blog Last Week







On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.
  • On Tuesday we talk about kings, queens, death, sex, and scandals. You know, all the interesting stuff.
  • On Wednesday it’s my blogiversary, and I’m giving you gifts. If everything goes according to plan, there will be a giveaway.





In My Reading Life


So much reading, guys. I finished So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson. Then I read Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai. Right now, I’m reading Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier.









In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. Cookies.
  2. Last week’s Game of Thrones episode was pretty epic.
  3. I might actually reach my goal of reading 12 books this month. I’m really trying. A few of the books on my to-read pile are chunksters, though.
  4. I went for a run, and it wasn’t a billion degrees outside.
  5. We have a cover for Turtles All The Way Down.







Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!












9 comments:

  1. I a really interested in what you think of So You've Been Publicly Shamed. Yes that GoT episode was pretty awesome. I am excited for the new John Green and like the cover. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog birthday! I still want The Hate U Give. Soon!

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogoversary!!! Hope you have a great week.

    Jenea's Book Obsession's Sunday's Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy early blogiversary!! That's so exciting- congrats! That's great you got some good reading done. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you hit 12 books. Happy reading, and have a great week! :)

    Lauren @ Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked your post on re- reading HP, as someone who's only read the first book it was interesting to see what you thought as an adult. And happy blogoversary on Wednesday!!

    GoT was epic. And I'm kinda excited/ nervous about this weeks lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes last week's GoT was pretty epic. I watched the new episode this morning and really enjoyed it for a lot of different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your one of the busiest blogs (or fastest readers) I know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for a good reading week! Cookies pretty much always make me happy :) Good for you with the running...I am doing really good to walk most days. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh running is great!! I've been running and it's finally getting lighter (yayy summer) so I can go earlier.😂 Also YAY FOR THE TURTLES COVER. I wanted, um, actual turtles, but I still am just pleased to see the cover. hehe.

    ReplyDelete