1. Guys, I’m nearly finished with grad school! I graduate on November 19. I’ve been blogging through my entire Post-BA and MFA experience, so thank you for putting up with my celebrating/whining for the past three years.
2. I didn’t get much reading done in October because I was sick for two weeks. My head hurt too much to focus on books. I spent those weeks binge-watching Game of Thrones and feeling sorry for myself instead of reading. I now completely understand why people are obsessed with Game of Thrones. So many scandals and murders. I have joined the ranks of the obsessed.
3. My dogs had an encounter with the most intense dog trainer ever. The guy trained dogs for the police and military. Within seconds, he unraveled all of my dogs’ nefarious schemes and got them to calm down and pay attention. It was impressive.
4. Speaking of my dogs, Cheyenne turned 10! Happy birthday to my devious little furball.
5. I hope everybody had a great Halloween and ate lots of candy. Also, if you’re a US citizen, don’t forget to vote! If you don’t vote, you can’t whine about the election results.
Books I Read
I only read 8 books, and A Darker Shade of Magic was a reread. I did watch all six seasons of Game of Thrones, so that should count for something, right?
Does My Head Look Big In This? – Randa Abdel-Fattah
Me Before You – Jojo Moyes
Leaving Fishers – Margaret Peterson Haddix
I also made progress on my reading challenges. Click here to see how I’m doing.
Best Books of October
3. Me Before You – Jojo Moyes
I have to take a hiatus in November because real life will be stressful enough without adding blogging on top of it. I’m going to Kentucky for school stuff (and to graduate). Then I’m going to Mammoth Cave National Park to explore some caves. There will be no blog posts between November 11 and November 21.
Tentative November TBR
Reading in November will probably not happen. I’m going to be traveling and trying not to have a nervous breakdown this month. I know I’m going to be reading Native Guard by Natasha Trethewey. Other than that, I have no TBR.
All The Things!
All The Things (AKA number of unread books on my TBR shelf) = 32 books.
I’m currently reading The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell.
I hope you have a fabulous November!