The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
I’m on the review team for #ReadIndie! I’d love it if you joined us.
“Welcome to the first ever #ReadIndie challenge! This event was created to promote indie authors who we think are amazing! What is this challenge, you ask? #ReadIndie is a two week time span in December during which we will only be reviewing and promoting indie titles.
So what is #ReadIndie all about? This isn't necessarily a read-a-thon. Instead, the challenge is simply to post indie reviews for two weeks in place of the reviews you would normally post. However, each review you post and link up will gain you an extra entry into an indie book giveaway! This is ALL about spreading the word about incredible authors who don't necessarily get the hype that they deserve.”
Please consider joining #ReadIndie and helping us promote indie books in December. Head over to Cornerfolds to sign up and find out more.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty.
- On Tuesday I recommended books about history and current events.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Fake ID by Lamar Giles.
- On Thursday I wrapped up October.
- On Saturday there was a book haul.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Does My Head Look Big In This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah
- On Tuesday I show you some recent additions to my TBR list.
- On Wednesday I review Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.
- On Thursday I have a public service announcement about wasted bookish opportunities.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell. Then I read Native Guard by Natasha Trethewey and Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan. Right now, I’m reading Anyone? by Angela Scott.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- I’m 5 books away from completing my Goodreads challenge.
- I went shopping for dress pants and came home with a copy of Gemina, which made me feel slightly better about being forced to wear fancy pants.
- I actually made progress on planning the Blogging from A to Z challenge. I have a list of ideas, but I still need to come up with something bookish that starts with X.
I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!