Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Sunday Post #36


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.


On The Blog Last Week





On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Bone Gap by Laura Ruby.
  • On Tuesday I list YA books that feature young characters who keep their raging hormones under control (for the most part).
  • On Wednesday I review The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.
  • On Thursday I ramble about that time I read all of the Printz Award winners.




In My Reading Life


I finally finished The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. Then I read One Death, Nine Stories by Marc Aronson & Charles R. Smith Jr. Then I read The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. Up next is A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness.



In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. My mentor approved The Giant Essay From Hell. Now I have to make the changes she wants and get it approved by the school. Then I can officially say that I have written a critical thesis.
  2. My accidental book haul.
  3. #Trumpertantrum. Pictures of Donald Trump’s head Photoshopped on babies’ bodies make me laugh because I have no life.
  4. Rearranging bookshelves and finding a few more books to get rid of.
  5. I’m making a lot of progress on reading my horde of old literary journals. Someday I will get them all read.




I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!







14 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great week! I love accidental book hauls XD they're so much fun! Also I can't wait for Tuesday's post - I'm wracking my head for characters and came up blank ahah, so I'm interested to see who you come up with
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Tuesday’s post was really difficult. There aren't many YA books with minimal romance.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what you thought of The Goldfinch. I now need ot go check out #Trumpertantrum. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you had a great week! Can't wait for your Tuesday post haha. That seems so difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Monster Calls in on my TBR. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the Giant Essay from Hell!

    I'm looking forward to reading your review of The Goldfinch as I haven't read it and have a love / hate relationship with Donna Tartt's books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a love/hate relationship with The Goldfinch, but overall I enjoyed it.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. Yay for getting the Giant Essay From Hell approved!!! I enjoyed A Monster Calls and hope you do too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep going back and forth on Godlfinch, I really should just read the darn thing lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s an interesting book, but it’s huge, so it requires a serious time commitment to get through it.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete