Sunday, November 27, 2016

The Sunday Post #73: I’m not dead; I just feel like I am


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.

I’m home! I now have a master’s degree and bronchitis. One of those things is more pleasant than the other. 

Me, trying to figure out how people take mirror selfies.


I’ve missed you guys. On Thursday, I’ll tell you all the awesome and ridiculous stuff that has been happening. I hope my fellow Americans had a wonderful Thanksgiving.




On The Blog Last Week





On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Leaving Fishers by Margaret Peterson Haddix.
  • On Tuesday I have a bookish holiday gift guide.
  • On Wednesday I review The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell.
  • On Thursday I wrap up November.



In My Reading Life


In the last few weeks, I’ve read Anyone? and Zia, The Teenage Zombie by Angela Scott. I also read Bound by Duty by Stormy Smith and Floor 21 by Jason Luthor. Right now, I'm reading The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami.






Sign Up For #ReadIndie & Win Fabulous Prizes


I’m on the review team for #ReadIndie! I’d love it if you joined us.


“Welcome to the first ever #ReadIndie challenge! This event was created to promote indie authors who we think are amazing! What is this challenge, you ask? #ReadIndie is a two week time span in December during which we will only be reviewing and promoting indie titles.  
So what is #ReadIndie all about? This isn't necessarily a read-a-thon. Instead, the challenge is simply to post indie reviews for two weeks in place of the reviews you would normally post. However, each review you post and link up will gain you an extra entry into an indie book giveaway! This is ALL about spreading the word about incredible authors who don't necessarily get the hype that they deserve.”

Please consider joining #ReadIndie and helping us promote indie books in December. Head over to Cornerfolds to sign up and find out more.





In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. I have a master’s degree.
  2. Being home with my dogs.
  3. Thanksgiving.
  4. Catching up on all the trashy TV I missed.
  5. Books on sale.




Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other. See you around the blogosphere!









30 comments:

  1. YAY for MA bur boo for bronchitis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you shake off bronchitis quickly. Sometimes it lingers. I know, because I am prone to it myself. A huge congratulations on your masters. Such a huge accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I get bronchitis at least once a year. All I can do is wait for it to go away.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the masters! Books on sale are the best :) have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green tea? Flat Ginger Ale? Clearly, I'm not the expert on this. Hope you get better soon though.

    (Your selfie reeks of success.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought my selfie reeked of incompetence. I haven’t taken many selfies and couldn’t figure out how people make themselves look good in them.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. Woah, congratulations on achieving such a great feat! You have a Master's!!! I wish you the best of luck in your professional life, AJ.
    I look forward to your return to regular blogging and hearing about all the crazy and amazing things that happened to you recently! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m looking forward to regular blogging, too. I missed you guys.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you! I feel like I've been following this journey for so long, I know how happy you must be to have your degree! I'm super excited to see what you thought of Bound By Duty, Anyone?, and Floor 21! I loved all of them! Have a great week :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’ve been blogging through my whole post-BA and MFA experience, so you guys have probably heard way too much about it.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  7. OMG! Congrats on the degree and graduation! That's quite an accomplishment. I graduate in May and I cannot wait. :D I've not heard of any of your books, but I hope you enjoy all of them!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bet you’re looking forward to May. It feels good to be done with school.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  8. Very exciting that you've completed your degree.

    Okay, here's my embarrassing question--what exactly IS an "indie book"? Not self published, because there's a term for that. Not independent bookstores, because they sell a range of things. Could you elucidate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! An “indie book” is any book that isn’t published by the big 5 publishers (Penguin Random House, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Simon & Schuster, or Hatchette). An indie book can be self-published or published by a small press, university press, etc.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  9. Yay for the Masters degree, trashy TV, dogs and books on sale. Boo for the bronchitis. I hope you're feeling better soon. Though assuming the trashy TV is helping! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The trashy TV helps a lot. I’m watching a Simpson’s marathon right now.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on your degree! I'm excited that you will be participating in #readindie as well! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your degree!!! Sorry that you got bronchitis though. I hope you get better. I actually might participate in the indie challenge!


    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for the degree :)boo for bronchitis :( I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Catching up on TV sounds like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on getting your Masters degree!!! I'm sure all your hard work will bring a multitude of benefits to you in the future. I hope now you can relax and recover from your bronchitis. Feel Better Soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope the degree does something good for my future. Getting it was a lot of work.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on your MA! It's been so many years since I got mine, but I still remember the feeling of exultation at having reached this milestone.

    Enjoy your week, and I love your little cartoon about politics on Thanksgiving. We had such an assorted group that I just bit my tongue and said very little all through the day. Family doesn't mix well with politics or religion.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My family is very opinionated about politics and religion, too. I was sick and slept through most of Thanksgiving, so I avoided the arguments.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  15. Congratulations on the Master's Degree. I hope the bronchitis goes away soon. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your masters! That's amazing. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, and enjoy being home!

    Erika @ Books and Stars

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations. Like the looks of Angela Scott's book. I've read some of her work and loved it.
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  18. CONGRATS!! I hope you feel better soon.

    Nice blog.

    Nice last few weeks of reading.

    ENJOY this upcoming week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete