|I’m linking back to Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts At Midnight. They host the 2015 Discussion Challenge.|
If you’re like me, then you’re an adult who loves young adult fiction. Here are 10 signs that you may be reading a little too much YA. If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, put down the YA book and back away slowly.
10 Signs That You Read Too Much Young Adult Fiction
1. You’ve taken up archery and sword fighting. When a dystopian government seizes control of the world, you’ll be ready.
2. You’re waiting for someone to tell you about your magical ability. You seem like a normal person on the outside, but you must really be a witch, right? Or a demon hunter? Or maybe a werewolf? A fairy?
3. You’re pretty sure that you’re the Chosen One. There must be a prophecy about you somewhere. The world needs saving, and you're the only person who can save it.
4. You have so many problems. But you know that they’ll all go away once you find the right boyfriend. He’ll save you, and his love will fix everything.
5. You’re hiding a deep, dark secret. You know that your life would be less angsty if you told someone your secret, but you just can't tell anyone, even though the secret is totally ruining everything. Also, all of your friends are hiding deep, dark secrets of their own.
6. You’re confused about why your sixteenth birthday wasn’t awesome. Isn’t everything supposed to change when you turn sixteen? Weren’t your parents supposed to give you a car? Wasn’t there supposed to be a giant house party where you got drunk, fell in love, and lost your virginity?
7. You’re confused about why prom wasn’t awesome. Weren’t you supposed to get drunk, fall in love, and lose your virginity?
8. You’re completely prepared to take a surprise cross-country road trip. It’s inevitable that you and your best friends will have to take an unexpected drive across the country. You may come close to dying in a car accident along the way, but you’ll learn so many life lessons that it’ll be worth it.
9. You fell in love, instantly. You just walked into a room one day, saw a boy standing there, and BAM! You’re in love.
10. . . . but, you’re still waiting for the other guy. You want to marry your boyfriend, but where’s the sexy stranger who’s supposed to complete your love triangle?