Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten bookish problems.
My Bookish Problems
1. My Friends Are Imaginary: Sometimes I spend more time with imaginary people than real ones.
2. All The Best Boys Are Fictional: Most real boys just can’t compare to the ones in books.
3. Amazon Free Shipping: Amazon gives you free shipping if you spend a certain amount of money. Sometimes I buy an extra book just to get the free shipping, even though paying the shipping might be cheaper than buying the extra book.
4. Book-Related Injuries: Have you ever held a hardcover book open for hours? When you finally set it down, your hands are stuck like they’re still holding the book. That’s not cool.
5. Book Hauls: My most recent book haul hasn’t even arrived yet, and I already have the next one planned . . . and the one after that.
6. Mystery Stains: I usually buy used books because they’re cheaper, but the mystery stains on those books are distressing. There’s nothing like turning a page, seeing a creepy stain, and going, “Eww! What the hell is that? I really hope I didn’t touch it.”
7. Series: I read a book that I really like. It turns out to be book #1 in a series. Now I need to get the next one in the series, but it takes a year for book #2 to come out. By the time it’s out, I’ve forgotten what happened in book #1.
8. When Nobody Understands: Have you ever loved or hated a book so much that you just had to tell people about it? But, when you start telling them, they get that glazed-over look in their eyes, and you know that they’re not really paying attention. They’re just politely waiting for you to stop talking.
9. Movie Tie-In Covers: I hate them. I don’t want a movie poster on the front of my book. It looks way too commercial. I hate it even more when the only edition of a book I can find/afford is the one with the movie cover.
10. Neglecting Everything: One day I made plans to write essays, work out, and go to bed early. Instead, I sat on my butt all day and read Rainbow Rowell’s Fangirl until I thought my eyes would start bleeding.