|You're going to see this kid in your nightmares tonight. Sorry 'bout that.|
Public Service Announcement
This year is an election year in the US, which means that irritating political campaign ads are starting to appear everywhere. I banned all political ads from Read All The Things! but I caught one on the blog last week. I guess they can sometimes sneak through my fortifications.
I'm betting that you guys don’t want Donald Trump leering at you while you read a book review. If you see any politicians on the blog, please let me know so that I can evict them. We get enough political nonsense in the rest of our lives. We don’t need it here, too.
Also, please register to vote! (Just thought I’d throw that in there. It’s important.)
On The Blog Last Week
- On Tuesday I discussed places I’d never want to live, but would want to read about.
- On Thursday I reviewed A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin and talked about writing multiple POVs.
- On Saturday there was some retail therapy.
On The Blog This Week
- On Tuesday I mini review A Head Full Of Ghosts and Grief Is The Thing With Feathers.
- On Thursday I wrap up May.
- On Saturday there’s a book haul.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished Blood Red, Snow White by Marcus Sedgwick. I love Russian history, but this isn’t my favorite Sedgwick book. I thought it covered too much time in too few pages. After I finished that book, I read nearly half of A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. It’s brilliant in every way. In addition to A Storm of Swords, I’m reading A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. I don’t have any complaints about that one so far.
In My Internet Stalking Life
- I was a terrible blog hopper last week. I pretty much only read May wrap-up posts. Oops. If you like wrap ups, check out the linkup at Feed Your Fiction Addiction.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
1. Taking lots of photos for my poor, neglected Instagram account. I’m trying to post a photo every day in June. We’ll see if that actually happens.
2. I cut 6 inches off my hair. It’s still pretty long, but hopefully it won’t feel like a blanket on my head all summer.
3. I’m doing research for a new series/feature/thing on the blog. It’s nothing wildly impressive, but I’m enjoying the research. If you like this post or this post, you’ll like the new series. I don’t know when it will start. Maybe the end of this month?
4. Creepy woman does a magic trick. (Simon Cowell disapproves.)
Stalk Me Everywhere
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!