|Call now to order your vary own barrel of lovely ladies. Only three easy payments of $19.95. Operators are standing by . . .|
|Happy Memorial Day to everybody who's celebrating.|
Public Service Announcement
On The Blog Last Week
- On Tuesday I mini-reviewed Tin Man by Sarah Winman and Some Possible Solutions: Stories by Helen Phillips.
- On Tuesday I had a conversation with Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction about Refugee by Alan Gratz.
- On Thursday I shared ten profound thoughts I had while binge-watching Outlander.
- On Saturday I answered some bookish questions.
On The Blog This Week
- On Tuesday I discuss some places I’d never want to live, but would want to read about.
- On Thursday I review A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin and talk about writing multiple POVs.
- On Saturday there’s a book haul.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary. It was good. Then I read Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman. Like I expected, I pretty much loved that one. Fredrik Backman’s books are fluffier than what I normally read, but they’re hilarious, so that makes up for the fluff. Right now, I’m reading Blood Red Snow White by Marcus Sedgwick and A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. Those will kill whatever remnants of fluff are left in my system.
In My Internet Stalking Life
- Do you have blog posts from April or May that didn't get enough love? Head over to As Told By Tina and link them up.
- Heather @ Based On A True Story wrote a relatable post. Have you ever loved an author on social media but hated their books? I sure have.
- What makes a book historical fiction? Sam @ We Live And Breathe Books attempts to answer that question.
- Malanie @ Malanie Loves Fiction recommends books with excellent friendships.
- Do you want to see some exceedingly cringe-worthy book covers? Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight has them.
- Looking for a new release to read this summer? Head over to Sarah's Book Shelves for recommendations.
- It's Asian Pacific Heritage month. Sam @ We Live And Breathe Books has a list of books by Asian authors.
- It's Mental Health Awareness month. Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales has a MASSIVE list of books that deal with mental health topics.
- Are you confused about GDPR? Join the club. Also, check out this post by Ashley @ Nose Graze. It may clarify what book bloggers need to do to make their blogs compliant.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Holiday weekend!
- Hot dogs and ice cream (because of the aformentioned holiday).
- I’m 2 books ahead on my Goodreads challenge. Suck it, Goodreads, you can’t tell me I’m failing anymore.
- I made a schedule and blogging calendar for June. I’m determined to stick to it. I’m testing out a new life strategy: knowing what I’m doing before I do it.
- Until I Googled how this trick is done, I was just as amazed as the kid in this Tweet.
Please love me?
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!