|Because everybody needs a chubby chicken jockey in their life.|
Public Service Announcement
Some of you have probably seen photos of Cheyenne, my dog-critter, on all the socials lately. Well, last week, I found out that Cheyenne has a fast-spreading type of cancer. The vet tried to get the tumor out of her leg and couldn’t get it all. The cancer is already in her spleen and lungs. It can’t be treated, and the vet isn’t sure how much longer she’ll live.
Read All The Things! is currently way down at the bottom of my priority list. I probably won’t be able to respond to messages quickly or get every single one of my planned posts up on time. I swear I don’t hate you! If you message me, I’m not ignoring you. I’m just occupied with dog care.
On The Blog In The Last Two Weeks
- I made nefarious plans to become the best fantasy author ever.
- I reviewed Dread Nation by Justina Ireland.
- I hauled some books with strange secrets.
- I didn’t kill any lions.
- I explained why I failed so hard at life in April.
- I reviewed Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman.
(Hopefully) On The Blog This Week
- On Tuesday I show off some of my (very unimpressive) bookish photography.
- On Thursday we examine the accuracy of Amazon’s book recommendations.
- On Saturday I review The Smell of Other People’s Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock.
In My Reading Life
Guys, I did it! I finally finished all 1010 pages of A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin. It took me over a month to read that book, but I did it. Good thing the book is brilliant, or I’d be pissed about being so far behind on my Goodreads challenge. As soon as I finished it, I ordered the next book in the series, which is 1177 pages. When I fail at all of my reading challenges this year, remind me that it’s George R.R. Martin’s fault. Right now, I’m reading A Head Full Of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay.
In My Internet Stalking Life
- Marcy @ Keeper Bookshelf wonders why some book reviewers are so mean.
- Gabby @ 500 Books has a (very accurate) list of overused tropes in literary fiction.
- Ronnie @ Paradise Found confesses to being a slow reader. (I'm a slow reader, too!)
- Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight has some fluffy recommendations for the non-fluffy reader.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction discusses reader expectations and character names.
- Danielle @ Books, Vertigo and Tea has some tips for writing negative book reviews.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- I have the sweetest, most deviously intelligent dog ever. I’m happy that she’s been in my life for the past 11+ years.
- A flock of ducks has been hanging out in my yard. Probably because nobody has been taking care of the grass. The ducks think it’s a swamp. Usually the ducks stay in the creek and don’t come into the neighborhood. I guess my house is special.
- I saw a photo of a Game of Thrones themed wedding cake. Someone needs to marry me so I can have the same cake at my wedding. Guess what flavor it was? Red velvet! Of course a GoT cake has to be blood-red when you cut into it.
- Chocolate milkshake.
- Reading everyone’s wrap-ups of Dewey’s Readathon. I’m astounded that some people can read for the full 24 hours. I don’t have that kind of attention span.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!