I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award Tag approximately one billion times. I’ve done it before, but not recently because I’m disorganized and profoundly lazy. (I do appreciate the nominations, though.) The most recent person to nominate me is Jenna @ J.K. I’m Exploring. I thought I’d answer Jenna’s questions.
Here’s the deal with the Liebster Award: Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you; ask 11 of your own questions; nominate 11 bloggers to answer them. Got it? Here we go.
Liebster Award Tag
1. Do you have any weird blogging habits?
I tend to blog in the middle of the night. If you find typos/stupidity/incoherence in my posts, it’s because I write them while exhausted.
2. What is a book you really wanted to read this year and haven’t yet?
A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab. It was one of my most-anticipated 2017 releases. I haven’t even gotten a copy yet. I'm waiting to find a cheap one that's not too beat up.
3. Who is your favorite blogger? (besides me . . . obviously.)
I have a Blog Stalker over there in the sidebar -->. It needs to be updated, but those are some of my favorites.
4. Where do you write your posts?
In my office. Occasionally in my bed.
5. What inspirational book would you recommend to anyone?
I’m not an inspirational book type of person. I’m way too cynical for that kind of thing. During my first year of college, I had to read Illusions: Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah by Richard Bach. I remember liking that one. There’s a quote in it that says “I do not exist to impress the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy.” I have a depressing habit of comparing myself to successful people, so this quote has become a mantra for me.
6. What do you read blogs on? Phone, tablet, computer, combination?
On an old laptop. I don’t have a phone, tablet, or any other internet-capable device. I’m broke and low-tech.
7. How did you come across the book blogging world?
By accident. When I started this blog, I intended for it to be a diary-style blog, but I quickly discovered that I’m boring. I had nothing to write in my diary, so I started writing about books. I didn’t know that book blogging was a thing when I started. I found other book bloggers while randomly joining groups on Goodreads. Then I suddenly had friends.
8. What do you do when you’re not blogging/reading? Jobs/school/other hobbies?
I run, hike, hang out with my dogs, take bad landscape photos, retweet hilarious things. For work, I edit anthologies and literary journals. I don’t talk about that on here because of conflicts of interest. (Now that I’ve told you, I’m going to have to erase your memory.)
9. What is your favorite ship that isn’t cannon?
This is a hard question because I honestly don’t care about the romances in books. I’m not angry if my favorites don’t end up together. In a post I wrote last month, someone (maybe it was Chuckles?) suggested that Hermione Granger and Cedric Diggory would make a better couple than Hermione/Ron. I agree. (Too bad that Cedric is dead . . . )
10. If you could move anywhere, where would it be?
Which place has the fewest spiders? Antarctica? The middle of the Pacific Ocean? If there are no spiders, I’m not picky.
11. Most binge-able TV show?
Game of Thrones, definitely.
1. If you could force any author to write any book, which author would you choose, and what would the book be about?
2. What book has been sitting on your to-be-read shelf the longest? Why haven’t you read it yet?
3. What’s the story behind your blog’s title?
4. Do you ever read sample chapters of a book before you buy it?
5. What are some of your favorite book covers?
6. Are there keywords in a book’s synopsis that will immediately make you want to read the book? Which words/subjects get your attention?
7. Your to-be-read shelf is overflowing with unread books. How do you choose what to read next?
8. What are the best and worst books you were forced to read in school?
9. Which 2017 release were you most excited to read? Have you read it yet?
10. How do you stay motivated to keep blogging?
11. I assume you follow a lot of blogs. I also assume that you don’t have time to read every post on every blog you follow. What makes you click on a blog post and read it?
I nominate . . .
Everyone! If you want to do the Liebster Award Tag, feel free to answer my questions. Please send me a link to your post. I’d love to see your answers.