The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner.
- On Tuesday I showed you all the books I’ve DNFed so far this year.
- On Wednesday I reviewed So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson.
- On Thursday I wrapped up August.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- On Tuesday we talk about books I loved in 2014.
- On Wednesday I review Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai.
- On Thursday we talk about when you should keep your opinion to yourself.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I read Company of Liars by Karen Maitland. Right now, I’m reading The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Girl pulls sword from lake. I’m pretty sure that makes this girl the new ruler of England. That’s how laws in England work, right? Whoever finds the sword wins the country? (Everything I know about England comes from legends and Harry Potter.)
- Remember that giveaway I tweeted about incessantly for 3 weeks? It’s over. The winner is Cait @ Paper Fury. The book she chose is The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims.
- The weather is getting cooler! That makes 5-mile runs slightly less awful. Too bad it’s so smoky outside. The western US is basically on fire right now. My house is safe, but there’s so much smoke. I hope you guys are safe, too.
- I got new books! (Shhh, don’t tell all the old books that I haven’t read yet.)
- Are you excited for Turtles All The Way Down? You can watch John Green read the first chapter here.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!