The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel.
- On Thursday I wrapped up May.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review The Optician of Lampedusa by Emma-Jane Kirby.
- On Tuesday I show you some recent disturbing additions to my TBR list.
- On Wednesday I review Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm.
- On Thursday we talk about those times I almost accidentally died. (This is book-related, I swear.)
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein and Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. Right now, I’m rereading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Chinese food.
- My mom’s garage sale is done! Seriously, why are those things so much work?
- I did have way too much fun decorating the garage sale signs and sticking them around the neighborhood . . . . I’m sure the neighbors were impressed with my artistic skills.
- I started a new organizational/goal tracking system to help me manage my time better. (“Manage my time” means spend fewer hours screwing around on social media.) We’ll see how well it works.
- Speaking of social media, do you guys follow Neil Gaiman on Twitter? If we raise $500,000 to help refugees, he’ll do a live reading of the entire Cheesecake Factory menu. If you want to support this delightful ridiculousness, you can donate here. Also, check out #NeilCake on Twitter.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!