The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
Blogging From A To Z
Things around here are a little different this month. I’m participating in the Blogging from A to Z challenge. Every day in April (except Sundays), I’m going to write a short post about how books and book blogging have impacted my life. Brace yourself. Posts are coming.
Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-thon
Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon starts on April 29! This is my first time participating. I’m going to be posting my updates on Twitter, so follow me there if you want to see them.
On The Blog Last Week
- N is for “Number Generator”
- O is for“ Ones I Read Over And Over”
- P is for “Plague”
- Q is for “Quitting”
- R is for “Read All The Things!”
- S is for “Special Ed.”
Coming Up On The Blog
I won’t be posting a Sunday Post next Sunday. Here’s what’s coming up in the next two weeks:
- T is for “Tommyknockers & Terabithia”
- U is for “Uncertainty”
- V is for “Vacation”
- W is for “What Happened to Lani Garver”
- X is for “Xenophobia (and Books to Combat It)”
- Y is for “You’ll Rot Your Brain”
- Z is for “Zzzzz (Books That Kept Me Up Past Bedtime)”
- Review of American Housewife: Stories by Helen Ellis
- Covers I Love
- Review of The Sound of Gravel: A Memoir by Ruth Wariner
- April Wrap-Up
- Massive Spring Book Haul (Part 1)
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished Smoke by Dan Vyleta and Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm. Then I read Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War by Steve Sheinkin. Right now, I’m reading A Manual for Cleaning Women: Selected Stories by Lucia Berlin and Underground Airlines by Ben H. Winters.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Easter with my family.
- So much chocolate.
- My cousin discovered that we’re distantly related to the actress Courteney Cox. I wish I’d inherited her acting talent. Or her looks. Or her ability to make money.
- The sunflowers I’m growing in the basement are getting big. I had to put them in new pots.
- Stanley Cup playoffs. I was a rabid hockey fan as a child/teen, but I gave it up several years ago to make more time for reading. Lately, I’ve been blogging like a machine, so I’ve been listening to games while I type.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!