Sunday, April 2, 2017

The Sunday Post #91



The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.




Blogging From A To Z


Things around here are a little different this month. I’m participating in the Blogging from A to Z challenge. Every day in April (except Sundays), I’m going to write a short post about how books and book blogging have impacted my life. Brace yourself. Posts are coming.




On The Blog Last Week







On The Blog This Week


  • B is for “Books in Stockings”
  • C is for “Colorado USA”
  • D is for “Desperation, Depression, Decisions”
  • E is for “Escapism”
  • F is for “First Blogging Failure”
  • G is for “Graduate School”





In My Reading Life


Guys, Joseph Campbell’s The Hero with a Thousand Faces is kicking my ass. I’ve had to stop reading several times to Google what the heck he’s talking about. This book requires a huge amount of concentration, so last week I took a small break from it to read Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini. Right now, when I’m not reading the Campbell book, I’m reading Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel. To everybody who keeps telling me to read Sleeping Giants, I’m finally doing it! (And, yes, I’m liking it. You were right.)





In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. My career actually took an itty-bitty step in a non-disastrous direction. What is this sorcery? Things don’t usually go right for me! Of course, it could always blow up in my face, but let’s enjoy it while it lasts.
  2. The Blogging from A to Z Challenge started.
  3. So many books. I got a ton of books for my birthday, and most of them showed up last week.
  4. My parents got me a second week of Nutrisystem because I liked my first week. The second week also went well.
  5. New season of The Amazing Race. I love that show.





Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!











19 comments:

  1. Troublemaker was a good book. Yay for a good step in the right direction for your career!! Tons of books are always good. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A in your A-Z was fun so I look forward to the rest of your posts. I like the concept and the way you have done it. And of course I celebrate your ton of books with you! Hurrah for more books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen The Amazing Race in a while but I was enjoying it for a while there. And nice "a" post! It's always nice to see other bloggers' recollections of how books impacted them. I think we all have stories of a certain book or a certain trip or time we clicked with a book.

    Glad you're liking Sleeping Giants. I'm thinking of getting the sequel.

    Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Leah book sounds interesting! I'll have to try it someday!


    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you enjoy all those books you got! ;)

    Good luck on your challenge. Hope you have a great week! ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never watched the Amazing Race. Wahoo on the good direction for your career. Hope this week is amazing! Good luck with the A-Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read the Leah Remini book someday. I've heard that Joseph Campbell is challenging but I bet it's really interesting too.

    The Amazing Race is a fun show. I always like learning about the different countries they visit.

    Hope you have a great week and your career continues to go in a positive direction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Blogging from A to Z Challenge sounds interesting. I haven't heard about that one before. Good luck!
    Not to forget.. Happy Belated Birthday! ;)
    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't watched the Amazing Race in six years or so. Happy belated birthday.

    It's Monday, What Are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that the itty bitty step that your career is taking in the right direction continues on to become a giant scissor-step toward happiness (In case you didn't play "Please Mr. Fox, What Time Is It?" when you were a kid, a giant scissor-step is a really good one!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! The A to Z Challenge sounds like fun. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The A to Z Challenge sounds fun but also a big commitment and probably kind of a soul-searching thing. So, sounds amazing! Happy reading.

    My Monday post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blogging from A to Z sounds really challenging! I hope you make it through! YAY for Sleeping Giants!! I cannot wait to see what you think! Have a great week :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't watched "The Amazing Race" in ages, but I really enjoyed it back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your B to G list. :)

    Looks like a great week.

    ENJOY this upcoming one.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read Troublemaker! I've heard it's amazing! I've heard great things about Nutrisystems! Glad you're enjoying it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for things going well on the career front. Your parents are awesome for getting you a second week of Nutrisystem since you liked it so much. Of course, new books are always good as well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy to hear good career news - yay! I love this blogging from A to Z. I couldn't do it, but it sounds awesome.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmm. I'm not sure how I feel about books that are too much of a slog - it can really take the enjoyment out of reading!

    Best of luck with your blogging from A-Z challenge! It sounds tough and yet fun.

    Hope you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete