Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Sunday Post #92


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.




Blogging From A To Z


Things around here are a little different this month. I’m participating in the Blogging from A to Z challenge. Every day in April (except Sundays), I’m going to write a short post about how books and book blogging have impacted my life. Brace yourself. Posts are coming.





On The Blog Last Week







On The Blog This Week


  • H is for “Hunger Games”
  • I is for “If Dogs Could Talk”
  • J is for “J.K. Rowling”
  • K is for “Kids’ Books”
  • L is for “Longest Book”
  • M is for “Minimalism”





In My Reading Life


Last week, I finished The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell and Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel. Then I read The Optician of Lampedusa by Emma Jane Kirby. Right now, I’m rereading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling.







In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

1. I finished my first full week of the A to Z Challenge. I haven’t fallen behind yet.

2. A hawk splatted into the side of my house during a windstorm. It sounded like a bomb going off, but the hawk didn’t die! It got up and flew away.

3. I started a bunch of seeds in my basement, so hopefully I’ll have a sunflower garden this summer.

4. Little girl befriends water heater?



5. BookTuber Jen Campbell completely nailed her analysis of Peter Pan. This is a long video, but it’s worth watching if you’re interested in the original Peter Pan novel or play. 






Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!











20 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your A-Z posts this week...I've really enjoyed this feature on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so loving your blogging A to Z posts so I am excited for next week. Oh my the video of the little girl is too adorable. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Sleeping Giants, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about the A To Z Cahallenge, but it's the wrong time of year for me. So much happens here in the spring and I usually am off the blog a lot. That video with the little girl is so cute!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on surviving the first week of the A to Z Challenge. And I'm glad to hear the hawk flew away. :-)

    It's cool that you shared Jen's video. I've known her for years so it's always fun to see her pop up someplace new!

    I'm looking forward to your challenge posts this week. :-)

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow about the hawk. Glad he or she made it okay though apparently. I don't know what it is but every summer I get a few birds who fly into our window, a couple have shaken it off and flown off but a couple have died, and it's really sad. :(

    I read Sleeping Giants and kinda liked it but didn't love it, but I'm curious to see what you thought. Especially with the sequel out and I find myself wanting to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this Blogging A to Z challenge before, but it sounds interesting! Good luck!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Book blogging can get controversial too, although so far I've managed to avoid the worst of it.

    I'm posting while on my road trip, thanks to my trusty smart phone. It's Monday! What are your reading?

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAAAAAHW - I love the idea of the A-Z challenge! That is so great. Gosh, if I wasn't so swamped this week, I might have tried to catch up. At least I can read your lovely posts. Sleeping Giants! It came up as a discounted book on Amazon around 2 weeks ago and just as I tried to purchase it, I got bombed out. Damn. Still want it though!

    Hope you have a good week and enjoy your challenge! Here's my Sunday Headlines: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2017/04/the-sunday-headlines-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. The splattering incident must have terrifying, but congrats on a week of A to Z posts!
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  11. YIkes on the hawk. Glad it survived. I just finished Waking Gods! So we're in the same reading sphere this week. And good job on A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the idea of the A-Z posts...and your five things are inspiring.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just bought a copy of Sleeping Giants for my Kindle. Yours is the second blog that talked about it today. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That video of the little girl and the "robot" just warmed my heart, what a little sweetie!! 💓

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad the hawk flew away. Hope those seeds thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been really enjoying your A to Z challenge. I am impressed that the hawk was able to fly away. Good for him! Good luck with the sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved both of those videos. The Peter Pan one got me to pull out my Arthur Rackham book, which includes "Peter Pan in the Kensington Gardens." I was always confused about the relationship between that story and the play, but now I see that it's sort of a prequel or first draft.

    I'm really enjoying your A-Z challenge posts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to do so many more challenges in the past... I need to check your A-Z challenge posts, AJ:)
    Have a wonderful week and happy reading :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck on the A to Z challenge.

    Have a great week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  20. That video of the little girl and her "robot" is way too adorable!! :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete