The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Witness by Karen Hesse.
- On Tuesday I listed the qualities all good book boyfriends/girlfriends should possess.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Let’s Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review The Vegetarian by Han Kang.
- On Tuesday I list some hyped books that I surprisingly didn’t hate.
- On Wednesday I review The Unintentional Time Traveler by Everett Maroon.
In My Reading Life
I finished so many books last week. This is what happens when you concentrate on finishing books instead of reading parts of them and then letting them sit around. They were Round Ireland with a Fridge by Tony Hawks, Slasher Girls & Monster Boys by April Genevieve Tucholke (editor), American Housewife: Stories by Helen Ellis, The Sound of Gravel by Ruth Wariner, and Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. Right now, I’m reading The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Today is my mom’s birthday. I was promised there will be cake.
- Someone tweeted a link to one of my old blog posts. Then my blog got tons of traffic from Twitter. Thank you, benevolent Twitter strangers!
- Valentine’s Day was on Taco Tuesday. Tacos were my valentine. They were low-calorie tacos because I’m supposed to be on a diet, but I’ll take whatever tacos I can get.
- I went for a checkup with my brain doctor. I’m still mostly sane. Good news for everyone!
- Jumpy the parkour dog?
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!