The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Travels in Vermeer: A Memoir by Michael White.
- On Tuesday I listed the best books I read in 2016.
- On Wednesday I reviewed This Side of Providence by Rachel M. Harper.
- On Thursday we discussed my New Year’s resolutions.
- On Saturday I had the poetry edition of my giant Black Friday haul.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I Review There Once Lived A Girl Who Seduced Her Sister’s Husband, And He Hanged Himself: Love Stories by Ludmilla Petrushevskaya.
- On Wednesday I Review The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami.
- On Thursday I wrap up December.
- On Saturday I have a “based on your recommendations” book haul.
#DAReadathon is happening right now! If you’re participating, I’d love to follow you on Twitter and see your updates. I’m @ajsterkel.
I’m participating in the Mount TBR Challenge 2017. My goal is to (metaphorically) climb Mt. Vancouver, which involves reading 36 books. Which 36 books am I reading? Check out my 2017 Challenge page to find out.
In My Reading Life
With all the holiday stuff going on, not much reading happened last week. I finished The Middle Ages: Everyday Life in Medieval Europe by Jeffrey L. Singman and started The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Binge-writing reviews. I’m caught up again!
- Opening Christmas presents.
- Playing with my camera and taking many pictures, mostly of my dogs because they can’t complain when I shove the camera in their faces.
- Watching the garbage fire that was 2016 die.
- These people eloquently expressing their feelings about 2016.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!