This is the Reading Habits tag. If you want to participate (or have participated), leave a link to your post in the comments. I’d love to see your answers.
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
In my bed. I read for a few hours every night before I go to sleep. I don’t really read anywhere else.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Either one. Right now I’m using some bookmarks that I got for free from a bookstore in Denver. They have advertisements for the store all over them.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter / a certain amount of pages?
I can just stop, but I don’t like stopping in the middle of a page because then I have to remember where I left off when I start reading again.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
5. Multitasking: music or TV while reading?
No. I need silence. I get distracted too easily.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
I prefer one at a time. It’s less stressful that way. When I was getting my B.A., I would have to read 2 or 3 at once, and I hated it.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Usually at home. I have a hard time concentrating on the book if I’m in public.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently. I’m crazy enough as it is. I don’t need to be reading out loud where everybody can hear me.
9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I only read ahead if I think I’m going to DNF the book. I skip to the end and skim the last chapter.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Most of my books are used, so they already have broken spines, but I try to keep my new books looking new.
11. Do you write in your books?
In college I annotated a lot of them because we were allowed to use our books during our finals. Other than that, no. I don’t have a reason to write in them.
12. Who do you tag?
Anybody who wants to do this tag.