Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Sunday Post #41


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.



On the blog last week






On the blog this week


  • On Monday I review Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff.
  • On Tuesday I show you the books on my Spring TBR.
  • On Wednesday I review Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt.
  • On Saturday I show you the books I bought at Presidents’ Day sales last month.




In my reading life


Last week, I read I Am the Cheese by Robert Cormier and Ordinary People by Judith Guest. Up next is A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle.




In the rest of my life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. Ice cream and M&Ms.
  2. All the midsession stuff at school is over.
  3. I got my nightguard! No more hurting teeth. Now I just have to figure out how to make a nightguard taste less foul.
  4. New vacuum cleaner = less dog hair = stopping my incessant coughing.
  5. Making fun of politicians. They make it so easy to laugh at them.




I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!









12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good week! Hopefully this one will be even better and the nightguard will stop tasting so awful XD in the meantime I'll be checking out those posts I missed!
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I soaked the nightguard in mouthwash, and that helped a little.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I just had to see what you thought of The Shock of the Fall. I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I DNF it...but then again not THAT embarrassed because I just couldn't get into it at all. Not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how people wouldn’t like The Shock of the Fall. I also had some issues with it.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  3. Oooooh! I'm so excited for your review of Illuminae! I really hope you loved it! And I'm totally with you on the politicians. It's going to be an interesting year in America...

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked Illuminae. I can’t wait for the next book.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, don't even get me started on the politicians. It makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the political situation this year is unfortunate. I have to laugh or I’ll freak out.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. Oh. My. God. I LOVE Ordinary People... the book AND the movie. So so sad and I cried in both (and own both for repeat readings and viewings!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also really liked Ordinary People. I’ll have to track down the movie because everybody has been telling me how good it is.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. Ice Cream and M&Ms always make me happy too! I don't think that I will ever be happy about a new vacuum cleaner. Nope. Although, less dog hair is a good thing. I am not sure whether to laugh at the politicians or cry a little. I don't like any of them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem with the politicians. I don’t like any of them, and there are a few who I REALLY dislike.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete

I do a happy dance every time I get a comment. (You should be grateful that you’re not around to witness this dance. It’s truly horrifying.) Leave a link to your blog so I can visit you.