Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Problems


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten bookish problems.


My Bookish Problems


1. My Friends Are Imaginary: Sometimes I spend more time with imaginary people than real ones.

2. All The Best Boys Are Fictional: Most real boys just can’t compare to the ones in books.



3. Amazon Free Shipping: Amazon gives you free shipping if you spend a certain amount of money. Sometimes I buy an extra book just to get the free shipping, even though paying the shipping might be cheaper than buying the extra book.

4. Book-Related Injuries: Have you ever held a hardcover book open for hours? When you finally set it down, your hands are stuck like they’re still holding the book. That’s not cool.

5. Book Hauls: My most recent book haul hasn’t even arrived yet, and I already have the next one planned . . . and the one after that.

6. Mystery Stains: I usually buy used books because they’re cheaper, but the mystery stains on those books are distressing. There’s nothing like turning a page, seeing a creepy stain, and going, “Eww! What the hell is that? I really hope I didn’t touch it.”

7. Series: I read a book that I really like. It turns out to be book #1 in a series. Now I need to get the next one in the series, but it takes a year for book #2 to come out. By the time it’s out, I’ve forgotten what happened in book #1.

8. When Nobody Understands: Have you ever loved or hated a book so much that you just had to tell people about it? But, when you start telling them, they get that glazed-over look in their eyes, and you know that they’re not really paying attention. They’re just politely waiting for you to stop talking.

9. Movie Tie-In Covers: I hate them. I don’t want a movie poster on the front of my book. It looks way too commercial. I hate it even more when the only edition of a book I can find/afford is the one with the movie cover.

10. Neglecting Everything: One day I made plans to write essays, work out, and go to bed early. Instead, I sat on my butt all day and read Rainbow Rowell’s Fangirl until I thought my eyes would start bleeding.



12 comments:

  1. Urgh, book-related injuries are not fun at all, and it's happened to me far too many times!
    I can really relate to your tenth point - it's something I tend to do a lot. Sometimes it can be fine, but like you said, I've pushed writing an essay back as well, because I just really needed to read another chapter (or four), and that's just not good!

    - Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In addition to hurting my hands, I’ve also ended up with a stiff neck from holding my head in the same position for too long while reading.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. Nice list of book related problems!! Gotta love free shipping from Amazon!! Here's a link to my TTT for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-book-related.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Bloggers Award!

    http://tarabelletalking.blogspot.com/2015/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Used Book Stains can be the worst... Drips of what you hope is tea or coffee on the pages, and is that melted ice-cream that's dried up on the cover..?
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came across a used book with bright orange stains in it. It was probably just Cheetos or Doritos, but it was still gross. I’ve also seen what looked like chocolate stains. (I really hope it was chocolate stains and not something else).

      Delete
  5. here here on neglecting the heck out of everything else!
    I am definitely one of those :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, neglecting everything is a big problem for me. :)

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. Love the Blog! I can definitely relate to so many of these, especially #3 and #7.

    I'm nominating you for a Versatile Bloggers Award. Information can be found here: http://linzthebookworm.blogspot.com/2015/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha, omg I love your bookish problems post. It's most entertaining! I can relate to everything.

    ReplyDelete