Sunday, October 4, 2026

The Sunday Post #405

 

This post contains affiliate links. I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.


The Sunday Post is a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, tell you what I’m reading, and share news. It’s hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, Readerbuzz, and Book Date.




The Sunday Post





On The Blog Recently






In My Reading Life




Last week, I read An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth by Chris Hadfield. I liked it! Now I want to read all the books written by astronauts. Give me recommendations if you know any good ones.

An Astronaut's Guide is part memoir, part self-help book. The author is a real-life NASA astronaut who has been to space three times. He talks about the work ethic and values it takes to achieve extremely difficult goals. (That's the "life on Earth" part.) He also talks about traveling and living in space. (That's the most interesting part.) I wish more of the book had been about life on the International Space Station. I sped through those parts and wanted more.

Since I love medical stuff, I appreciate that the author is so honest about what happens to humans in space. He talks about everything from nausea to sleep to gritty eyeballs. He also talks about what it takes to recover from living in space for months. The recovery is intense. Astronauts can barely stand when they get back to Earth because their bodies aren't accustomed to gravity anymore.

I liked this book. Tell me about more astronaut books with lots of medical information.





In The Rest Of My Life


It's October! As I'm writing this, it's 51°F and I'm not sweaty at all. Friends, I hate summer. I'm thrilled right now.

What else has been going on? Brooklyn went troll hunting in Breckenridge. She found one.




I made improvements to my micro-memoir. The obnoxious ads are gone because they were TOO MUCH. I think I fixed the comment section too? If you have opinions, please leave comments so I can check if they actually show up.

Oh, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, I wrote a micro-memoir. It's short and free. It's called About The Horses In The Room: A Micro-History Of Unimportant Events. It's about unimportant events (obviously).





Follow For More Unimportant Events












Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other. See you around the blogosphere!







15 comments:

  1. That troll is very imposing! And I hate summer these last years too as it's way too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Florida, but originally from New York. I'm still not used to all this humidity. I kind of miss the fall- like weather and colors. Great pic and a very big troll! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm envious of your temps. I read through part of your memoir---I liked it a lot! I wonder if you liked the memoir part or the self-help part of An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to the fall weather which is barely started. We are 70-80s now which is better than it was. Have a good week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read Chris Hadfield’s book. I had no idea it was full of medical info. As a nurse, I’m a junkie for this type of info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She found just the right troll! A huge one! And, I love that memoir title - All About the Horses in the Room! My very good friend is a horse nut, certifiable! Her son can testify about the horse that came in the house, and was definitely in the room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're finally getting some lower temps, but I'm happy if we find 51 degrees in the wee hours of the morning. I think it will still be a while before that's a daytime temp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh. I wish it was cool here. We had a bit of cooler weather for about a week as a typhoon skirted around us. I thought that meant it was the end of the summer heat, then yesterday BAM 84% humidity and 80*. I went to a local outdoor vendor event and came home needing a shower. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're in the middle of a heat wave, so I'm jealous of your temps! That troll is pretty cool. I find the space stuff interesting and I like all the medical bits, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one big troll! Yes, nice to have some cooler weather. Congratulations on the micro-memoir. I had no idea. I'll have to check it out.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2026/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to put An Astronaut’s Guide… on my TBR list, and found it was already there. Ha! So thanks for the reminder. That is an impressive troll!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing people visiting the huge wooden trolls. It turns out there is one about 45 minutes away from me so I've got to organize myself to go and see it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love hunting up the Thomas Dambo trolls. We have five in our area but have only seen three of them. A traveling exhibit is starting at our local zoo soon, so you can bet we will go to that.

    My post: https://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2026/10/sunday-salon-highlights-of-our-united.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those trolls are so amazing. I'd love to see one in person. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chris Hadfield is pretty great!

    ReplyDelete